• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Weekend project

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think I see Aardvark F-14s on the flight deck.
I did the 89 cruise on the Big E and took her around the horn to the shipyard...looks very familiar.

Funny you should say that......;)

"The model, mostly completed in 2003, represents the USS Enterprise and Air-Wing 11 during the ships’ 1989 cruise."

UMichfly

pilot
None
That thing is damn impressive. Who wants to bet there's an accurately modeled cruise sock somewhere on that ship?

B

Blutonski816

Damn, that's some project...
1/72... I got 3 Tomcats in that scale so the picture in my mind is even bigger than the pics on the page...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it me or is the LSO platform sort of missing? No real good images of that area.

Or perhaps he built it with the barrier down and the control station lowered.

Screamtruth

นักมวย
Question:

During the time period which the carrier represents (89), they really had all those different platforms on the same carrier back then? Tomcats, Hornets, A-7's, A-6's, Prowlers, Vikings........not too mention the rotary wing and COD's. I bet the maintainers had fun. Is it easier now that the different aviation platforms are somewhat consolodated.........as far as the maintenance?

Must have been a sight on those decks back then.

สวัสดี,
Nathan