• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What did I miss?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So I've just spent the last couple of hours catching up on 2 1/2 weeks of AWs after being on vacation with my daughter in Europe. From what I can see, here's the highlights:

- History majors can be fighter pilots, being a fighter pilot is more of a state of mind than an actuality, and there is a new douche bag named Topgun1991 on the boards.

- Otto didn't get an award for his last det.

- Huggy U2 still has his A-6 NATOPS for sale.

- Some Air Force dude ruined flight suits for his base.

- Brett is going to the puzzle palace.

- Air Force Academy cadets aren't forest fire fighters.

- MIDNJAC has been forever tainted by his Airwarriors membership.

- Some drunk Russians stole an AN-2

Did I miss anything good?

What I learned while I was away:

- Rome is not only hot in June, it is fucking miserably hot.

- Naples is an even bigger shit hole today than it was in 1995.

- Except for the Colosseum and Forum, everything that was Roman in Rome is now Catholic.

- Spend more time in London and less in Rome.

- They have condom vending machines on the streets in Livorno, Italy

- Out of shape, 50 year old fat fucks should not climb the leaning Tower of Pisa on a 97 degree day.

- Out of shape, 50 year old fat fucks should not climb Mount Vesuvius on a 98 degree day.

- When some idiot decides he wants to climb up the outside of the Eiffel Tower, they make everyone else get off.

- The streets in Paris were not paved until the mid 1700s. This meant drainaged sucked and the residents usually walked around in an ankle deep muck consisting of mostly their own shit (sewage).

- Even a retired P-3 NFO can make Captain at a major airline.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
So I've just spent the last couple of hours catching up on 2 1/2 weeks of AWs after being on vacation with my daughter in Europe. From what I can see, here's the highlights:
- Naples is an even bigger shit hole today than it was in 1995.
Didn't think it was possible when I visited in 86!
- They have condom vending machines on the streets in Livorno, Italy
Must be new, I don't remember them back in 86, but then I was blacked out for most of that port call from Ouzo. :D

Oh, and congrats on the Captains job.

CAMike

None
Contributor
OK, fine.

So your AW thread comprehension is superior to most. You still didn't miss much on AW during the last 2 weeks.

Welcome back.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Welcome back and congrats on Captain. Didn't think Naples could get worse and I was there in '89.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congratulations! Wide-body Captain trumps me.... so ergo, our next round is on you!

Nice work and nice summation/recap. Never been to Naples though, and don't intend to.
Cat sends.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Congratulations! Wide-body Captain trumps me.... so ergo, our next round is on you!

Nice work and nice summation/recap. Never been to Naples though, and don't intend to.
Cat sends.
I'll trade the wide-body for your F-4....

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks, I won't go to training for a couple of months but I got 767 Captain on our latest bid.

Hearty Congrats Hal, I'm guessing that's like starting on the bottom rung of the highest ladder! BZ...:)
BzB

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Congrats. How long we're you a FO before picking it up?
I was hired in July 2001 so 11 years - but there were 2 furloughs totalling 5 years in there so 6 years of active flying. The junior guy picking up Captain on this last bid was hired in June 2008. We've doubled in size since 2008.