• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Makes a Competitive Candidate for Intel?

Hello! I am seeking guidance and advice on making myself a more competitive candidate for Intel. I recently submitted a package for the last Intel Pro Board in April and was selected as an alternate. I know being selected as an alternate is an achievement in its own right, but I am already planning on reapplying again for the board in August. I am curious about what makes an applicant more desirable than another. I am an active duty Corpsman who has been in the Navy since June 2015, with mostly EP evals throughout my career. I graduated with a Political Science Degree and a GPA of 3.94. One NAM, which was not an end-of-tour, I am currently serving as the Command CFL as an E-5. I had seven appraisals: 1 O-3, 2 O-4s, 2 O-5s and 2 O-6s. Out of the 7, three held the 1830 designator. I also received a letter of recommendation from an active US congressman and two from officers. All of the leadership at my command said my package looked really good and were surprised I was not selected. The only thing I can think of that gave me negative marks is my OAR score 46. The PA for Intel states that they prefer 50 or above, but the score can be waived to 45. I plan on taking the test, but I am curious how much the OAR score is weighted regarding board selection. I saw on a couple of forums here that the OAR score does not matter a whole lot to the CW side of the house, but I did not see any mention of it for Intel. I would appreciate any insight that any of you could provide. Thanks

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello! I am seeking guidance and advice on making myself a more competitive candidate for Intel. I recently submitted a package for the last Intel Pro Board in April and was selected as an alternate. I know being selected as an alternate is an achievement in its own right, but I am already planning on reapplying again for the board in August. I am curious about what makes an applicant more desirable than another. I am an active duty Corpsman who has been in the Navy since June 2015, with mostly EP evals throughout my career. I graduated with a Political Science Degree and a GPA of 3.94. One NAM, which was not an end-of-tour, I am currently serving as the Command CFL as an E-5. I had seven appraisals: 1 O-3, 2 O-4s, 2 O-5s and 2 O-6s. Out of the 7, three held the 1830 designator. I also received a letter of recommendation from an active US congressman and two from officers. All of the leadership at my command said my package looked really good and were surprised I was not selected. The only thing I can think of that gave me negative marks is my OAR score 46. The PA for Intel states that they prefer 50 or above, but the score can be waived to 45. I plan on taking the test, but I am curious how much the OAR score is weighted regarding board selection. I saw on a couple of forums here that the OAR score does not matter a whole lot to the CW side of the house, but I did not see any mention of it for Intel. I would appreciate any insight that any of you could provide. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Suggest you take the time to search around and find your answers - in this case there are various intel and IWC board threads to see where you stack.

Similarly, if you have additional questions please do the homework and due diligence by searching the forums before posting and asking something that 99.9% Chance has been asked before. Good luck,