• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What NRC considers competitive

justlikeelle

Your issue not to shoot you down is your family relationship with China. There’s other factors that come into play also. Those of which probably can’t be discussed on here or elsewhere…

Just ask your recruiter if you can fill out the SF86 and see what they say
I kinda have an ideal about the things that can’t be said.my local recruiter can’t give an sure answer,said will let an intel officer or someone who had more experiences about this to call me,but that was half month ago.but can I just sign up with my major,but let them know I’m willing to do any position.do you think it will work?or I only can apply intel position since my major is intelligent studies?

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I kinda have an ideal about the things that can’t be said.my local recruiter can’t give an sure answer,said will let an intel officer or someone who had more experiences about this to call me,but that was half month ago.but can I just sign up with my major,but let them know I’m willing to do any position.do you think it will work?or I only can apply intel position since my major is intelligent studies?
You have been given an answer to your question. No matter how you reword it, it stays the same.

Additionally, as you'd know through research, to be an officer at all in the USN, you have to apply to a specific job and be selected. There is no "sign up with my major, but let them know I'm willing to do any position."

No. Just let it go.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I would go to SWO but on the navy page said SWO candidates have to be citizens ,and the parents of candidate also have to be citizens,which my father is not,and I will be 34 tomorrow

Just go to a recruiter, you’ve taken the ASTB/OAR so clearly you have one. Ask them for your options and they’ll tell you. We can’t discuss what types of questions are asked for security clearances… furthermore I don’t even think SWO needs a TS/SCI clearance

justlikeelle

So then you, once again, know the unchanging answer to your question.
I do know the answer about why I can’t be an intel officer or SWO,as you said I have to apply a specific job,which I tried to get some suggestions from your guys,does it look bad if I apply for supply with intel major?i know Chinese had been done some shady things in the military,I don’t want to make it look suspicious if you can understand what I’m trying to say

justlikeelle

Just go to a recruiter, you’ve taken the ASTB/OAR so clearly you have one. Ask them for your options and they’ll tell you. We can’t discuss what types of questions are asked for security clearances… furthermore I don’t even think SWO needs a TS/SCI clearance
Thank you.I did go to my local recruiter, the day I was there a chief was also there who does recruiting for 13yrs,but he can’t give much details,he said he will let someone had more experience about my situation to call me,and that was half month ago.

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
Thank you.I did go to my local recruiter, the day I was there a chief was also there who does recruiting for 13yrs,but he can’t give much details,he said he will let someone had more experience about my situation to call me,and that was half month ago.

Okay few things here, 1) it’s up to you to be proactive if you don’t hear anything after a week call back or go in. Recruiters often times for lack of better words forget to do things they say they will 2) whoever told you to take the ASTB you should have their contact, cal them

exNavyOffRec

I will tell it as it is, I see no path forward. You are not just over the age limit for SWO you are also over the waiverable age limit for SWO. The designators that have a higher age limit are also the ones where you background would prevent you from going into that designator.

justlikeelle

I will tell it as it is, I see no path forward. You are not just over the age limit for SWO you are also over the waiverable age limit for SWO. The designators that have a higher age limit are also the ones where you background would prevent you from going into that designator.
I don’t see path forward either,I’m too old to be SWO,and I’m not qualified to be one even my age is waiverable as you said because of my background.I guess I will do more research about what I can do with the major that I can’t never used.

flight_hero

Greetings. On Tuesday I scored a 56 on the OAR and an 8/9/8 on the ASTBE and I want an honest opinion on where I sit when it comes to my likelihood of being selected for Pilot or NFO the first time around. I graduated this past May with a 3.01 In cybersecurity and currently hold a private pilots license. Its key to note I was working full time and commuting an hour each way to and from my job while maintaining full time status as a student as well. I think my test scores are okay but I am a little worried about my GPA since its only a hair above a 3.0. Should I be worried about not being selected at boards or do I have a chance at being selected for one of those two communities given the competitiveness were all currently seeing?

esmbenbenek

Greetings. On Tuesday I scored a 56 on the OAR and an 8/9/8 on the ASTBE and I want an honest opinion on where I sit when it comes to my likelihood of being selected for Pilot or NFO the first time around. I graduated this past May with a 3.01 In cybersecurity and currently hold a private pilots license. Its key to note I was working full time and commuting an hour each way to and from my job while maintaining full time status as a student as well. I think my test scores are okay but I am a little worried about my GPA since its only a hair above a 3.0. Should I be worried about not being selected at boards or do I have a chance at being selected for one of those two communities given the competitiveness were all currently seeing?
Congrats on your future selection.

smpl_dude

My guy, you have a 9. It doesn't get any better than that. ASTB is the main thing they'll be looking at.

JTtheBard

Good Morning/Afternoon,

I had a question that might be most appropriate for this forum. I have a B.S. in HRM 3.47 GPA, scored a 53 on the OAR, and i will be submitting my package in the next board cycle. I have two concerns i was hoping someone might be able to clarify. I am currently 30 and an active-duty NCO in the Air Force. I have seen some posts that age is what ultimately makes their package not competitive even with prior/active military service. How true do(es) anyone feel about this? I will of course have the waiver I am just expressing my concerns.
My second and final question is about finances. I got divorced last year (one too many deployments from home) and when I divorced, I pretty much took all the marital debt(s) with me. I have nothing in collections, my credit score is somewhat decent... will this bare any effect on my package?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good Morning/Afternoon,

I had a question that might be most appropriate for this forum. I have a B.S. in HRM 3.47 GPA, scored a 53 on the OAR, and i will be submitting my package in the next board cycle. I have two concerns i was hoping someone might be able to clarify. I am currently 30 and an active-duty NCO in the Air Force. I have seen some posts that age is what ultimately makes their package not competitive even with prior/active military service. How true do(es) anyone feel about this? I will of course have the waiver I am just expressing my concerns.
My second and final question is about finances. I got divorced last year (one too many deployments from home) and when I divorced, I pretty much took all the marital debt(s) with me. I have nothing in collections, my credit score is somewhat decent... will this bare any effect on my package?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

What are you applying for?