• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch to get my brother on his comissioning date?

phrogpilot73

What do you guys think of this one:

Seiko Flight Chronograph

SNA411.jpg
Stinky like... :D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, but black and gold? I know that says "Steelers" to you, but looks too West-Pointy to me. :D

HueyCobra8151

pilot
It is more of a black and silver, the only yellow or gold you can see on it as you wear it is the stopwatch hand. (That picture makes the yellow stand out way more than it really does)

I bought this thinking I was getting a "good deal" because it was duty free in the Carribean, then I priced it on Amazon when I got back, and I could have gotten it cheaper at home...oh well...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I happen to have both the aforementioned Seiko and Citizen watches, the latter being one of the Christmas presents my wife got me. Both are good sized and (so far) durable watches, and both look decent. The Seiko survived primary, most of advanced, Desert Talon, and WTI with not a scratch on it, and the Citizen survived TSA from New Bern, NC to Humacao, PR, and me wearing it the whole time I was on leave.

I would have to say that I like the Citizen a little bit better, due to the overall asthetics and GMT/second time zone function, but the Seiko does have an alarm, albeit a pretty hard to hear one. I think both are in similar price ranges, with the EcoDrive version of the Citizen being a little bit more pricey.

badger16

None
+1 on the Nighthawk for me as well. If you wanted to (don't think you need to) look for something a bit more pricey, look at Hamilton watches. I've done some homework on them and they are pretty nice watches. I know a guy who has had his since WWII and still wears it!!! American made with Swiss insides too!

I like the Khaki Automatic X wind and the Twilight. The X wind is the more stereotypical "Pilot watch" Here is a link to the site...

www.hamiltonwatch.com

ratjr81

thanks a ton for all of the input, will totally keep the Navihawk in mind,
am trying to hatch a conspiracy to find out what type of watch my bro likes,
have looked at hamilton watches and am still considering one, again trying to figure out style my bro likes is going to make a big difference.

by the way, thanks a lot to who ever the dip was that figured out who my brother is then felt the need to tell him I asking around online, looking for a "commissioning gift"