• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Where did you get that belt buckle?
For many years you could also order at the NEX Uniform Shops - and Philippino Pork Chop Mafia had direct lines - shipping via active duty aircraft for free - same for placques, nametags, custom embroidery, custom helmet bags, all sorts of artisan products. Losing Subic was indeed a biog loss. Navy needs ties to a developing country to do high quality low cost stuff!

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Where did you get that belt buckle?

Purchased it in Olongapo during my first deployment in 1989/1990 on the Vincennes. We (the air DET) pretty much all got one. We initially ordered them during our first in-port and then picked them up several weeks later during our second in-port.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@ChuckMK23 & @mad dog gift exchange at Starbucks…Chuck’s -46 loot is center, mad dog’s [AOC Wayne’s] loot is to the right. Chuck’s 1861 Moonwatch and mad dog’s Breitling included because this is the Which Watch thread…

5244803E-15FE-4ECF-B1EF-932A38C15C12.jpeg

Chuck’s -46 loot…

6F6D4205-DA89-49BD-81AA-19C7FF8E3156.jpeg

mad dog’s patch board and camo NA wings loot…

405CE890-4387-459F-8BAD-C488E7A93699.jpeg

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
…unless @mad dog rubs a quarter on his buckle every now and then that beauty has never seen any silver!

I‘ve always wondered what type of metal my PI Special is made from. Recently, I scratched the shit out of my PI Special at work…looked really bad…so I took it to my local watchmaker (they’re also a jeweler) to see if it could be buffed out. He did about 10 to 15 minutes of hand buffing and then put it on his buffing wheel…turned out great. He wasn’t sure what the metal is but thought it to be fairly high in nickel content.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
I‘ve always wondered what type of metal my PI Special is made from. Recently, I scratched the shit out of my PI Special at work…looked really bad…so I took it to my local watchmaker (they’re also a jeweler) to see if it could be buffed out. He did about 10 to 15 minutes of hand buffing and then put it on his buffing wheel…turned out great. He wasn’t sure what the metal is but thought it to be fairly high in nickel content.
Not sure if this is true, but I once heard that locals would swim out to the off-shore target when it was not active and retrieve practice ordnance from the floor of the bay, to use for the fabrication of buckles.
Reminds me of @A4sForever , on this forum. Rest in Peace, brother.
Rumors of A4sForever demise have been greatly exaggerated. He is still alive and well.