• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WSJ Journalist lands on Carrier...

phrogpilot73

I think you guys missed the most important thing in that entire article...
The sleek but unwieldy F-14 Tomcat that Tom Cruise pretended to fly (and that was once the subject of my adolescent day-dreaming) has been scrapped, to the immense relief of the entire profession of naval aviators and mechanics.
Immense relief?!? Who the hell did they interview? Probably not many F-14 Pilots/RIOs...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I haven't; but it does -- make sense ... and it's an interesting prop for a safety brief.

The 3 most dangerous things in Aviation:

1. A pilot making investments.

2. A doctor (also insert dentist or lawyer) in a Piper Arrow.

3. A female flight attendant with a chipped front tooth ....

So when I see this news item about pilot landing gear up, I googled his name and lo and behold, there's a MD by that name from same town....coincidence?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
So when I see this news item about pilot landing gear up, I googled his name and lo and behold, there's a MD by that name from same town....coincidence?

Hmm, pilot with sh!tty flying skills and headwork....looking for "good fishing sites".....is it possible we've finally found the ever elusive Skeeter :eek:

jfulginiti

pilot
None
From the article that started this thread.....

"The sleek but unwieldy F-14 Tomcat that Tom Cruise pretended to fly (and that was once the subject of my adolescent day-dreaming) has been scrapped, to the immense relief of the entire profession of naval aviators and mechanics."

Interesting..... every former F-14 person I know can't go one day without talking about how great that jet was.

When I was in Japan, the locals called me Fugry.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From the article that started this thread.....

"The sleek but unwieldy F-14 Tomcat that Tom Cruise pretended to fly (and that was once the subject of my adolescent day-dreaming) has been scrapped, to the immense relief of the entire profession of naval aviators and mechanics."

Interesting..... every former F-14 person I know can't go one day without talking about how great that jet was.

Not the first time that the press didn't have a clue what they were talking about....their "crack" is controversy and making statements like that to get more attention.

Circle K

pilot
Another great quote from the article...

I find myself entertaining the idea of offering the same tour to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It would serve him well as a lesson in humility.

That tour should somehow find it's way into many other "world leaders" schedules, Chavez comes to mind too.

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
Perfect ... as most Oriental imports went to school @ UC"R"A .... i.e., UC@LA for the unwashed. :D

From The Big Lebowski: Oriental is not the prefered nominclature,Dude...it's Asian American. (Paraphrased for effect)

My mom always told me Oriental is for rugs...Asian is for people.:D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
From The Big Lebowski: Oriental is not the prefered nominclature,Dude...it's Asian American. (Paraphrased for effect)

My mom always told me Oriental is for rugs...Asian is for people.:D
Just goes to show how little you and/or your "Mom" (?) know about what goes down in the Far East ... as one of the last "Oriental" airline start-up's (wholly owned by "Orientals") I saw with my own two beady little "round-eyes" was called ..........

Thai Oriental .... :)