• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 01APR2024 INTEL BOARD

viridian

Good to know. From what I understand, this is the last board of the fiscal year, so maybe there'll be more acceptances than the last board?
Yessir fingers crossed. I submitted pretty much the same package as November plus two extra letters of rec… not sure how it’s gonna change but I have no business being accepted with my current OAR score

k_8

Where do you even get the name list for the board? I would like a peace of mind confirming I'm on it, if you please
The list can be found on the N3 SharePoint page. As long as you have a CAC, you (or your recruiter) should have access. Even though I was given verbals I was on it, I wanted to confirm for myself.

exNavyOffRec

Good to know. From what I understand, this is the last board of the fiscal year, so maybe there'll be more acceptances than the last board?
Nope, people get this mixed up all the time, this is technically the first board for the FY 25 spots even though it says FY 24 as once the results come out there are only a few OCS classes left for FY 24 the rest are FY 25.

They take the total number of spots per year and divide by each board, they select about 140% of the shipping goal to ensure they have enough to account for drops or medical issue prior to shipping or any other random candidate issues. This in theory allows for them to have all the OCS spots for the current FY to be filled by the April/May board (it can vary) and it allows them to go into the next FY with a good group of candidates.

Nope, people get this mixed up all the time, this is technically the first board for the FY 25 spots even though it says FY 24 as once the results come out there are only a few OCS classes left for FY 24 the rest are FY 25.

They take the total number of spots per year and divide by each board, they select about 140% of the shipping goal to ensure they have enough to account for drops or medical issue prior to shipping or any other random candidate issues. This in theory allows for them to have all the OCS spots for the current FY to be filled by the April/May board (it can vary) and it allows them to go into the next FY with a good group of candidates.
Would you say it is common to see someone not accepted on the "last board" of the fy get accepted to the "first board" of the next fy without an updated application?

exNavyOffRec

Would you say it is common to see someone not accepted on the "last board" of the fy get accepted to the "first board" of the next fy without an updated application?
no, years ago we received data that included many years of boards and in general a persons best chance to get picked up for a designator is the first board they are seen at if they do not do any changes to their application. There are of course always exceptions as the pool of candidates can fluctuate which could make that person who didn't get picked up at their first board look better or worse compared to the new pool of candidates.

Y-sky

After snooping around I saw that OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD just got their results in today. Has anyone heard anything about ours?They convened a week after us... the waiting is such torture 😩

exNavyOffRec

After snooping around I saw that OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD just got their results in today. Has anyone heard anything about ours?They convened a week after us... the waiting is such torture 😩
You can't compare the two, different boards, different people, different things they look for.