• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Genghis95

You will get one at NAMI, I believe at OCS (although that could be wrong), and you will get one before beginning flight school (I'm pretty sure). And you will have to get one every year after that as well.

A lot of this info I've gotten from USMC aviators, but I imagine it's the same for Navy. Also not sure how it differs for NFO vs SNA (if at all).

Just following up on this.

How far before or into OCS do you go to NAMI.

Also, If you go to NAMI can you be disqualified for something you already have been approved a waiver for; food sensitivity or childhood ADHD?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Just following up on this.

How far before or into OCS do you go to NAMI.

Also, If you go to NAMI can you be disqualified for something you already have been approved a waiver for; food sensitivity or childhood ADHD?
NAMI is after OCS, I believe at Pensacola.

NAMI is a flight physical. So if you have a waiver because of a food allergy, they probably don't care. The only waivers that might effect you would be waivers directly related to the ability to do the job (SNA/NFO) which is what NAMI is critiquing.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Any updates, ProRec-Y/N and SNA or NFO?

@kdriscoll714 @Jake1021 @Genghis95 @davidz @ccanche @jayyl3 @ijimenez8 @Mando16 @Lee0445 @shaky126 @xcrunner18 @Can do @andoesph @Elbandito @myanr @jpham89 @Triumph_MAC

kyleerlich

NAMI is after OCS, I believe at Pensacola.

NAMI is a flight physical. So if you have a waiver because of a food allergy, they probably don't care. The only waivers that might effect you would be waivers directly related to the ability to do the job (SNA/NFO) which is what NAMI is critiquing.

I have a waiver of standards for Beta Thalassemia Minor (a microcytic anemia condition) from NAMI. The source document is the US Navy Aeromedical Reference and Waiver Guide. You can search through there if you happen to already know what may disqualify you and see if a waiver can be granted for it. Here's the link:

krs0313

I have a waiver of standards for Beta Thalassemia Minor (a microcytic anemia condition) from NAMI. The source document is the US Navy Aeromedical Reference and Waiver Guide. You can search through there if you happen to already know what may disqualify you and see if a waiver can be granted for it. Here's the link:

With that being said, even if it says a waiver is not considered with a specific condition, there’s always a slight chance it is (happened to me). Obviously it’s pretty uncommon as there are standards for a reason, but don’t give up all hope.

Triumph_MAC

Any updates, ProRec-Y/N and SNA or NFO?

@kdriscoll714 @Jake1021 @Genghis95 @davidz @ccanche @jayyl3 @ijimenez8 @Mando16 @Lee0445 @shaky126 @xcrunner18 @Can do @andoesph @Elbandito @myanr @jpham89 @Triumph_MAC

Pro No for me. However, I still have an intel package that got boarded on 30 Nov. I also found out I was selected for the WOFT program. Now I just decide to wait for the Navy Intel board results or jump ship and swim to the shore for the Army.
Congrats to everyone that got selected for pilot or NFO. I'm sure our paths will all cross at some point in the future. FT. Rucker is only 70 miles from Pensacola!!