• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

Ghost SWO

Contributor
As beautiful as it is you gotta stop teasing me ghost. Being 6'2" I'm pretty sure that single seat jets are off the table for me.

NobleJ

SNA
Im hoping to hear from my recruiter today and discuss this with him. Someone was kind enough to send me a screenshot yesterday with my name on it for approval.
Congrats! Hopefully your recruiter helps you out. My OR did the paperwork for my age critical request today. Fingers crossed.

Sparrow18

Well... I got the call from my OR today and it was slightly disappointing. It turns out that my package was rolled to the Jan board even before the Nov/Oct board met. My OR wasn't entirely sure why this happened but believes it was due to the high number of applicants.
After 6 weeks of eagerly waiting and hours spent glued to Air Warriors reading along (without posting) and waiting for the first person to get their results, I am slightly disappointed I have to wait another 12-14 weeks for my results. On the bright side, getting rolled is better than a Pro Rec N so now I will once again wait patiently for my results haha.
Congrats to everyone that got selected and to those who didn't good luck with everything and don't give up!

exNavyOffRec

Well... I got the call from my OR today and it was slightly disappointing. It turns out that my package was rolled to the Jan board even before the Nov/Oct board met. My OR wasn't entirely sure why this happened but believes it was due to the high number of applicants.
After 6 weeks of eagerly waiting and hours spent glued to Air Warriors reading along (without posting) and waiting for the first person to get their results, I am slightly disappointed I have to wait another 12-14 weeks for my results. On the bright side, getting rolled is better than a Pro Rec N so now I will once again wait patiently for my results haha.
Congrats to everyone that got selected and to those who didn't good luck with everything and don't give up!

They don't care how many applicants are at a board, they have had boards in the several hundred, one board years ago had nearly 1000 application due to 2 boards getting pushed together.

More than likely it was a hang up at the local or NRC processor

NobleJ

SNA
Definitely way more in depth (and stringent) than MEPS, at least with the eyes portion. I I hear you in your concerns about the depth perception test - I always struggled with that test (and even got my eye doctor to give me at-home ways to practice) but ended up passing at NAMI! The test I took at NAMI was the one where you put on basically 3D glasses and hold a book in front of your face that has sets of circles, and you have to pick which circle has depth. Hopefully that test is better for you than the one you had at MEPS!

For eyes, they'll do your typical vision test (reading letters at a distance and up close, depth perception, color vision, etc.) but they also look into you optic nerves and do a couple other small eye tests that you probably shouldn't be concerned about (I'm not even sure what they were testing with some of those tbh). And your eyes will be dilated at the end so they can really see inside your optic nerves!

With that being said, in my experience at least, these docs WANT you to fly - they will give you the test twice if you fail, have someone else administer the test to make sure it wasn't an error on their part, etc.

Other parts of NAMI: EKG (or ECG - not sure which it was/what the difference is as I'm trying to be a pilot, not a doctor), hearing test (I think the same as MEPS if I remember correctly), blood work (HIV test, glucose levels, etc.), and a meeting with a flight surgeon to get your routine physical (he/she looks in your ears and throat, listens to your heart, goes over your medical history, tests your reflexes, etc.).

@KaleDaSquid feel free to add anything you think is important/correct anything I've said!
That depth perception test at MEPS was very hard. I think its a fallible test, because we aren't the only one's i think having this issue.

Do you mind sharing your respurces that your doc gave you on practicing the depth perception test?

Last edited:

NobleJ

SNA
Have any other 31 year old pro-rec y's submitted an age critical request for an OCS date yet?

My recruiter worked on mine today. He said it's up to the needs of the Navy (as everything is). Due to the COVID madness, I am not too hopeful but hopeful nonetheless.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Have any other 31 year old pro-rec y's submitted an age critical request for an OCS date yet?

My recruiter worked on mine today. He said it's up to the needs of the Navy (as everything is). Due to the COVID madness, I am not too hopeful but hopeful nonetheless.
I'm 31 right now, but we're not doing an age waiver request. Maybe if you're closer to 32? I'm about six months out right now. OR said he'll push me up to go before the 32nd birthday. Class dates can be changed...