• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

exNavyOffRec

Just heard something similar. I was told even if you were selected for SNA when you get to API there is a good chance you can be re-designated. Not trying to scare anyone and he also told me I might get switched to SNFO at OCS (needs of the Navy). Guess their is an email floating around recruiter land. They have started this practice now and he said he was reaching out to the last two boards selectees as well!
see my comment in the other thread as to why this is not accurate.

DMM146

Hey guys, I was just selected for NFO in the January Board. I was just wondering what the time line was like for most of the selectees on having a rough time frame for OCS. I heard some horror stories of people from the August Board being essentially ghosted for 6 months. I was just trying to get some sort of idea. Any insight would be super helpful!!

Hey guys, I was just selected for NFO in the January Board. I was just wondering what the time line was like for most of the selectees on having a rough time frame for OCS. I heard some horror stories of people from the August Board being essentially ghosted for 6 months. I was just trying to get some sort of idea. Any insight would be super helpful!!

I’m off the August board and still don’t have a date. Within the last week or so a few guys have been picked up for dates in March and April. We got first notification of Pre Rec back in September.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Th
There was an NFO selectee from my NRD that got in the February date so I don't think it will be too bad.

donkeh

I had a conversation with my recruiter this morning and he submitted my name into a list of candidates who are facing hardships and are seeking to attend OCS asap. No guarantee it'll be anytime soon but it's definitely a step in the right direction. My original OCS date was August 15, 2021 but hopefully that is going to get moved up now. I was told that I may receive as little as 72 hour notice that a slot has opened up but I'm at a point in my life where I have no dependents or liabilities and I can drop everything and go to Newport on very short notice.

Not sure if anyone else here has had their name placed on this waiting list but just wanted to put that out there for any others who may be in a similar situation.

Marcus_Aurelius

I had a conversation with my recruiter this morning and he submitted my name into a list of candidates who are facing hardships and are seeking to attend OCS asap. No guarantee it'll be anytime soon but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

My recruiter put my name on that list as well. Hopefully it will result in an open slot earlier than my original date. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Does anyone know if we need to bring glasses that will not break easily, after we are out of our BCGs? I have a civilian pair right now that I have been training in, but I can't say I trust them not to break at OCS. I am willing to buy a nicer pair that are more durable, but do not want to if I don't have to. I don't plan on getting hit in the face often, but I like to be prepared.

Edit: or the time before the BCGs are ready.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Does anyone know if we need to bring glasses that will not break easily, after we are out of our BCGs? I have a civilian pair right now that I have been training in, but I can't say I trust them not to break at OCS. I am willing to buy a nicer pair that are more durable, but do not want to if I don't have to. I don't plan on getting hit in the face often, but I like to be prepared.

Not an OCS perspective but from USAF BMT, optical was one of the first things everyone did and if you needed glasses you got them pretty quick. Brining your own more durable pair is your choice but I wouldn't say it's necessary to fill that gap.

Not an OCS perspective but from USAF BMT, optical was one of the first things everyone did and if you needed glasses you got them pretty quick. Brining your own more durable pair is your choice but I wouldn't say it's necessary to fill that gap.

Thank you, that's what I'm seeing more and more of, just wanted to do more research before buying anything.

jonesy27

Just make sure that your glasses are a neutral color and not flashy, and they should be fine for the time until they issue your BCG's. I don't know how OCS is, but one of the worst parts about my boot camp experience was wearing contacts (and not bringing my glasses), taking them out when we did indoc (first couple of hours), and then proceeding to be blind for 4 days while we waited for our glasses. My Division commanders thought I was an idiot because I couldn't tell who they were. Fun times.

Ty.Hinds57

Would somebody with access mind updating seating availability for the following? It would be greatly appreciated.
28 Mar
18 Apr
9 May
30 May