• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Sep24 SNA/SNFO Board

GPD_435

Greetings,

I believe this is the board I'll be applying to as well, since my recruiter keeps telling me we have to wait until October to hear anything back.

Stats:
  • Applying for: Only SNFO due to eyesight and age (31).
  • Civilian applicant.
  • ASTB: 58 - 7/6/7
  • GPA: 2.987 - B.S. in Software Engineering (originally 3.58 but lessened by a dropout 12 years ago).
  • LORs: 1 from a retired USAF Major, 1 from my current employer.
This is my first time applying to OCS; also sending the package for CWO and SWO. Good luck to all.

BradL17

Greetings,

I believe this is the board I'll be applying to as well, since my recruiter keeps telling me we have to wait until October to hear anything back.

Stats:
  • Applying for: Only SNFO due to eyesight and age (31).
  • Civilian applicant.
  • ASTB: 58 - 7/6/7
  • GPA: 2.987 - B.S. in Software Engineering (originally 3.58 but lessened by a dropout 12 years ago).
  • LORs: 1 from a retired USAF Major, 1 from my current employer.
This is my first time applying to OCS; also sending the package for CWO and SWO. Good luck to all.
My recruiter never told me to get LOR’s. I think I saw in another thread someone mentioning you don’t really need them for aviation, but I also don’t want to submit my package without one if it’s better to have one. Did your recruiter tell you to get the LOR’s?

flyORdie

My recruiter never told me to get LOR’s. I think I saw in another thread someone mentioning you don’t really need them for aviation, but I also don’t want to submit my package without one if it’s better to have one. Did your recruiter tell you to get the LOR’s?
My recruiter said LOR’s are optional and not really looked at for SNA/SNFO.