• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 03Sep24 SNA/SNFO Board

BradL17

They are going crazy in the OCS 08JUL2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD forum as the results are coming out. Looks like another 95% acceptance board for them.

I’ve been stalking their thread for the past couple of days. Seems like everyone is getting the call which is awesome. I don’t mean this in a bad way but it also looks like people with 4’s and 5’s are getting accepted. Only saying that because I’ve seen a lot of people saying you need at least 6 or 7 to be competitive. I guess it just depends on the needs of the Navy.

I also don’t know whether to feel better or worse that the last 2 boards have had high acceptance rates. Like will that continue for our board or will they start to close the valves? I guess only time will tell.

awindz9

I’ve been stalking their thread for the past couple of days. Seems like everyone is getting the call which is awesome. I don’t mean this in a bad way but it also looks like people with 4’s and 5’s are getting accepted. Only saying that because I’ve seen a lot of people saying you need at least 6 or 7 to be competitive. I guess it just depends on the needs of the Navy.

I also don’t know whether to feel better or worse that the last 2 boards have had high acceptance rates. Like will that continue for our board or will they start to close the valves? I guess only time will tell.
Yeah leave some slots for us lol

flyORdie

My recruiter is on leave and isn't responding to my email where I sent my rec letter to be added to my package 🙃. Is anyone not including a rec letter in their package. I am worried that it matters only because I am applying for BDCP.

BradL17

My recruiter is on leave and isn't responding to my email where I sent my rec letter to be added to my package 🙃. Is anyone not including a rec letter in their package. I am worried that it matters only because I am applying for BDCP.
I’m not including one. My recruiter never even mentioned it tbh. I’ve heard for aviation they don’t even look at anything except your scores and GPA.

flyORdie

I’m not including one. My recruiter never even mentioned it tbh. I’ve heard for aviation they don’t even look at anything except your scores and GPA.
Yea that seems to be the consensus. Hopefully applying for BDCP doesn’t make a difference.

CoMa

Last time I spoke to my recruiter she mentioned that she doesn’t see acceptance rates decreasing at least within in the year because with the new Admiral in place they increased the acceptance rate since a lot of people DOR in OCS and then also struggle in flight school so they change designation. But like you said only time will tell, from what I’ve learned with the Navy stuff changes all the time.

BradL17

I just got a very unexpected call from my recuiter. Apparently they pushed my package to the earlier board and I got accepted as an SNFO for a Sept. 15 OCS date. I sincerely hope everyone here gets selected as well. Cheers!
Wow that’s awesome, congrats! Were you I-SEL?

GPD_435

Wow that’s awesome, congrats! Were you I-SEL?
Thanks all! No I was close but missed the GPA requirements by .013 pts. It was a weird timing because we got the packet I think around a couple days after the due date for the July board.

Applying first time to this board
SNA
21 y/o
3.3 GPA
64 8/8/8
LoR from collegiate athletics coach
Tattoo waiver but nothing major

Good luck to everyone hope to meet some of yall at OCS. And thank you Average Monke for the spreadsheet work!