• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

exNavyOffRec

What about the people who get selected with PFAR 6? What is exceptional about those people? Seems like most of their GPAs are 3.5+.
There will always be a few outliers, but they are the exception rather than the rule, it could be less about them and their 6 and more about what was wrong with some of the other applicants. ISPP also doesn't count as there were several ISPP with 6's.

OptionsDollaraire

There will always be a few outliers, but they are the exception rather than the rule, it could be less about them and their 6 and more about what was wrong with some of the other applicants. ISPP also doesn't count as there were several ISPP with 6's.
I wasn't aware of that, that looks like that is what it was. Thank you for pointing that out.

AHeintz

Recently got 55 6/6/6 on my ASTB. Aiming for exclusively NFO. My recruiter says it's good enough to just full send, but I feel like I've seen more evidence that says I wouldn't get NFO with those scores. Is there any insight for specifically NFO selection with those scores? I have time to take one more test before this next selection board, so I should be good to take it anyways.

umijs

Recently got 55 6/6/6 on my ASTB. Aiming for exclusively NFO. My recruiter says it's good enough to just full send, but I feel like I've seen more evidence that says I wouldn't get NFO with those scores. Is there any insight for specifically NFO selection with those scores? I have time to take one more test before this next selection board, so I should be good to take it anyways.
According to this: https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/what-nrc-considers-competitive.41212/
A 6/6/6 is considered competitive for nfo. But that was posted in 2013 so I am not sure if it still applies to today

elariosa95

SNA (Primary - Pool)
I think the general consensus would be to retake it. People in recent years have gotten picked up with a 6 FOFAR, but it’s generally a pretty low chance. If you’re feeling good about your application as a whole, I’d say go for it and hope for the best.

For what it’s worth, I applied for NFO last year with a 59 7/5/6 and wasn’t selected.

Napolitano99

Just completed my second ASTB with a 50 5/6/5,
Finance Risk Management major with 2.85 GPA
Deciding on whether to take a 3rd test or not. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Napolitano99

Applying for Pilot and NFO

Deciding on whether to take a 3rd test or not. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Applying for Pilot and NFO

Your scores are on the lower side for being competitive, check out some of the forums and spreadsheets for previous boards and the October board coming up to see where you stack up. Considering it’s your last attempt if you retake, like @WhiteLotus5125 said, I’d apply and if you get the PRO REC N then retest. And make sure you kill that last attempt.

Napolitano99

What are you applying for?

Either way, you'd most likely be shooting the dice if you applied with those scores. You could try it and see what happens though, and then retake and improve your application if you come back as a non-select.

But, with that being said and looking at past board results, I would probably recommend preparing to use your 3rd and final retake and be damn sure you blow it out of the wa

Either way, you'd most likely be shooting the dice if you applied with those scores. You could try it and see what happens though, and then retake and improve your application if you come back as a non-select.

But, with that being said and looking at past board results, I would probably recommend preparing to use your 3rd and final retake and be damn sure you blow it out of the water.how does a no

But, with that being said and looking at past board results, I would probably recommend preparing to use your 3rd and final retake and be damn sure you blow it out of the water.
What is a non-select?