• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16 October 2022 OCS Class (05-23)

WannaFlyHigh

Starting tomorrow my recruiter mentioned I need to start attending virtual monthly OCS meetings until I leave for OCS. Apparently CNRC N3 is requiring these trainings because too many candidates are going into OCS unprepared.

Not sure what will be discussed or the content of the meetings but kinda looking forward to having something to fill the air instead of sitting in silence.

RhodesReese

Starting tomorrow my recruiter mentioned I need to start attending virtual monthly OCS meetings until I leave for OCS. Apparently CNRC N3 is requiring these trainings because too many candidates are going into OCS unprepared.

Not sure what will be discussed or the content of the meetings but kinda looking forward to having something to fill the air instead of sitting in silence.
Not sure, but theyll probably go over whats in the DEP guide. So military ranks both Navy and Marine Corps, Appendix Bravo Knowledge, etc. If youre not studying Appendix Bravo, highly recommend start now.

Doback

I’m in the Great Lakes recruiting area and we’ve been doing something that sounds similar to this for a few months now (my recruiting station calls them COP meetings). So far it’s covered stuff like ranks, physical fitness standards, safety protocol and types of ships and aircraft used by the Navy. They also usually have a recent OCS grad on the call who answers questions/gives their two cents on how OCS went. I probably have gotten more info from this site but has been fun having other people to talk to about OCS.

WannaFlyHigh

I’m in the Great Lakes recruiting area and we’ve been doing something that sounds similar to this for a few months now (my recruiting station calls them COP meetings). So far it’s covered stuff like ranks, physical fitness standards, safety protocol and types of ships and aircraft used by the Navy. They also usually have a recent OCS grad on the call who answers questions/gives their two cents on how OCS went. I probably have gotten more info from this site but has been fun having other people to talk to about OCS.
This is exactly what the meeting was about. We went over the sailor's creed and Ships and Aircraft of the Navy.

enzy24

This is exactly what the meeting was about. We went over the sailor's creed and Ships and Aircraft of the Navy.
My recruiter has been doing this for a while as well, although he just briefly mentions the topic of the month. But he's regularly had recently commissioned candidates join in for questions which is actually really convenient.

WannaFlyHigh

Is it just me but has it not hit to any of you that we got accepted to OCS? I feel like in a few months my life is just gonna continue on like it is right now but I know everything will change when I get my FINSEL.

alacey6

Hey guys. Should be more people joining. They just posted the official results for the 23 May board today. I’m 7 years AD and got my date of 16 Oct 22. Not sure if it will hold since I’m operationally committed until end of nov but here I am until it officially changed or doesn’t