• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

Ed014

I hear so many horror stories about meps and getting waivers for the smallest things. However, I dislocated my pinky finger so bad the bone came out 2 years ago and it isn't straight but is still functional. They still cleared me and never mentioned my finger. I even have 2 scars on my face and it wasn't given a second thought at meps.

PEFO Silver-Shades

I hear so many horror stories about meps and getting waivers for the smallest things. However, I dislocated my pinky finger so bad the bone came out 2 years ago and it isn't straight but is still functional. They still cleared me and never mentioned my finger. I even have 2 scars on my face and it wasn't given a second thought at meps.
I think it fully depends on the doctor if they want to pursue scars. Cause I told mine i had a burn scar on my pointer finger from grease when i was cooking chicken. All he did was noted it on the sheet and told me i was good to go.

Ruvo

123abc

I still stand with my theory that they wouldn’t convene a board for active duty applicants only with there being such a small percentage of active duty applicants per board. I personally believe being active duty gives you a leg up in being selected, but over the past few boards there have been less that 20 active duty applicants, so It wouldn’t make much sense.

This is also me being optimistic and hoping I didn’t submit my application in December to not even be seen by the board until almost 9 months later.

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
I still stand with my theory that they wouldn’t convene a board for active duty applicants only with there being such a small percentage of active duty applicants per board. I personally believe being active duty gives you a leg up in being selected, but over the past few boards there have been less that 20 active duty applicants, so It wouldn’t make much sense.

This is also me being optimistic and hoping I didn’t submit my application in December to not even be seen by the board until almost 9 months later.
if they do, would say they would use us to fill dropped billets, as in civilians that were selected and dropped before shipping or lost contracts what ever the case may be because we can be shipped immediately.