• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

I still stand with my theory that they wouldn’t convene a board for active duty applicants only with there being such a small percentage of active duty applicants per board. I personally believe being active duty gives you a leg up in being selected, but over the past few boards there have been less that 20 active duty applicants, so It wouldn’t make much sense.

This is also me being optimistic and hoping I didn’t submit my application in December to not even be seen by the board until almost 9 months later.
It can help in other designators, such as IWC and Supply when all other things are equal, but when you are talking about aviation it comes down to odds of getting through flight school and that is how a person does on the ASTB

123abc

if they do, would say they would use us to fill dropped billets, as in civilians that were selected and dropped before shipping or lost contracts what ever the case may be because we can be shipped immediately.

This is also the first board for FY22 correct? I could see them saying only active duty apps will be chosen for the FY21 spots still open and all remaining apps for FY22. ??‍♀️

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
It can help in other designators, such as IWC and Supply when all other things are equal, but when you are talking about aviation it comes down to odds of getting through flight school and that is how a person does on the ASTB
i was discussing this with someone at NRC today, being i have seen you mention it a time or two. ASTB keeps being mentioned as the king of all in the package, but then i seen you said a PPL weighs little. If ASTB is king at the hope you can learn to fly then a PPL should trump that because its proof. no claiming your right or wrong in anyway just curious of your thoughts on the two.

FlyingRecruiter

Contributor
This is also the first board for FY22 correct? I could see them saying only active duty apps will be chosen for the FY21 spots still open and all remaining apps for FY22. ??‍♀️
buddy who knows lol i am just here for the convo and learn more. i wish any of us really knew the real deal lol

exNavyOffRec

no, they started filling FY 22 spots end of last year, and that isn't normal, that is probably the cause of the existing problems.

exNavyOffRec

i was discussing this with someone at NRC today, being i have seen you mention it a time or two. ASTB keeps being mentioned as the king of all in the package, but then i seen you said a PPL weighs little. If ASTB is king at the hope you can learn to fly then a PPL should trump that because its proof. no claiming your right or wrong in anyway just curious of your thoughts on the two.
It has to deal with learning one way vice another, you would think those that have PPL, CFI and other designations would have little issues in flight school, but of those we saw getting dropped are the ones that had those designations.

123abc

no, they started filling FY 22 spots end of last year, and that isn't normal, that is probably the cause of the existing problems.
What is considered FY22? I always thought It was October, but I’ve only seen one person get an OCS date in early July and haven’t seen any after that but there could also be a bunch of other designators feeding into those dates.

exNavyOffRec

What is considered FY22? I always thought It was October, but I’ve only seen one person get an OCS date in early July and haven’t seen any after that but there could also be a bunch of other designators feeding into those dates.
Commissioning goes by FY, so you go back 3 months, that means if you go to OCS from July 1st on you are probably the next FY, if you look back in the boards end of last year many were put to fill FY 22 spots, that was due to COVID and reduction of OCS classes, having to move people out, and that has an affect for a long time.

123abc

Commissioning goes by FY, so you go back 3 months, that means if you go to OCS from July 1st on you are probably the next FY, if you look back in the boards end of last year many were put to fill FY 22 spots, that was due to COVID and reduction of OCS classes, having to move people out, and that has an affect for a long time.

Ok that makes sense! I’ll wait however long they want me to after getting a ProRec-Y. Having everything submitted and just waiting to even have your application SEEN is the real tester for patience haha.