• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Aviate11

Contributor
Do you mean PPL? If it's attached to a public college that allows VA funding you can get your PPL and beyond.

This is false, and a common misconception. It depends on the college and when I say it depends on the college I mean it's not about just paying for the PPL. The thing that matters is how the college associates it's flight fees. If the college loops the fees into the tuition the GI Bill will pay for ALL of your certification as long as you have benefit to cover the semester. If a college adds the fees in addition to tuition and separates them, the GI Bill will most likely not cover the "fees" as the fees are tacked onto the tuition and not part of the tuition as a requirement for the program.

I know it's confusing but you can call colleges and ask if the VA covers all flight fees and the answer for several public colleges is yes, they will cover all of it. UND being the biggest example.
I got my PPL training at a state college thru a 141 school. I was just asking if they still did it. Because a lot of schools thereafter only were accepting students instrument and on. It was apart of a professional pilot degree. All I’m saying is it’s changed a little bit since I used my benefits for flight training. Good to know you can still do it.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I got my PPL training at a state college thru a 141 school. I was just asking if they still did it. Because a lot of schools thereafter only were accepting students instrument and on. It was apart of a professional pilot degree. All I’m saying is it’s changed a little bit since I used my benefits for flight training. Good to know you can still do it.
The program didn't change, the VA requirement did and the college failed to adapt. I just came out of a part 141 professional pilot program, GI Bill covers everything from PPL to CFI. Some schools lose funding because they fail to adapt their tuition fees to meet VA guidelines, a lot of this was happening around 2016 and people thought everything was ending for the flight fee coverage. I think a lot of colleges have caught back up and fixed the fee issue so it's no longer a widespread problem.

Aviate11

Contributor
The program didn't change, the VA requirement did and the college failed to adapt. I just came out of a part 141 professional pilot program, GI Bill covers everything from PPL to CFI. Some schools lose funding because they fail to adapt their tuition fees to meet VA guidelines, a lot of this was happening around 2016 and people thought everything was ending for the flight fee coverage. I think a lot of colleges have caught back up and fixed the fee issue so it's no longer a widespread problem.
Oh that’s good then! They told us some helicopter flight schools abused the training out west. They were using expensive trainers instead of more practical ones and the VA caught on. Imagine getting turbine time as a PPL lol. That was 2015 though.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Oh that’s good then! They told us some helicopter flight schools abused the training out west. They were using expensive trainers instead of more practical ones and the VA caught on. Imagine getting turbine time as a PPL lol. That was 2015 though.
Yeah wow. That's probably a great way to lose VA funding. My school split Rotary-wing PPL over two semester to avoid funding issues since it was so expensive and that was in an R22 at $350 an hour. I got through one semester before getting picked up so I didn't get to finish my Rotary PPL, but I'll gladly restart in some fancy military aircraft lol.

I wonder if the program I was in was part of that nonsense. There was a Part 61 helicopter school here that had 50 students and some of them VA, started to decline and was bought out by the university in like 2017. And we're out West haha.

exNavyOffRec

They really shut the pilot designator down.

That is for FY 21, it is normal for FY 21 to be at 0 or close to it going in to a board after April, if the board is held May 24th, expect a week or 2 until results May 31st to June 7th, but the last OCS class for FY 21 starts June 20th, so then go back 2 weeks for ROM, that puts it at June 6th, so you can see if they weren't at 0 they probably wouldn't be able to fill those spots anyway.

Metromedic

Contributor
That is for FY 21, it is normal for FY 21 to be at 0 or close to it going in to a board after April, if the board is held May 24th, expect a week or 2 until results May 31st to June 7th, but the last OCS class for FY 21 starts June 20th, so then go back 2 weeks for ROM, that puts it at June 6th, so you can see if they weren't at 0 they probably wouldn't be able to fill those spots anyway.
Too bad a vaccination won't waive the ROM.....

PEFO Silver-Shades

so were most of the selected on this board for FY21? if so does that mean we will go to OCS before July?

So just to recap, the GENOFF Dashboard from January 29th showed 136 PRORECs attained for SNFO and 517 PRORECs attained for SNA. The GENOFF Dashboard shared from today showed 200 PRORECs attained for SNFO and 603 PRORECs attained for SNA. That comes out to 64 SNFO and 86 SNA PRORECs attained over the past week. Combined that comes out to 150 PRORECs attained for both SNFO and SNA. With the At Board List showing 153 names, wouldn't that mean that this board had a crazy high selection rate or is there something else I'm failing to consider?

Metromedic

Contributor
So just to recap, the GENOFF Dashboard from January 29th showed 136 PRORECs attained for SNFO and 517 PRORECs attained for SNA. The GENOFF Dashboard shared from today showed 200 PRORECs attained for SNFO and 603 PRORECs attained for SNA. That comes out to 64 SNFO and 86 SNA PRORECs attained over the past week. Combined that comes out to 150 PRORECs attained for both SNFO and SNA. With the At Board List showing 153 names, wouldn't that mean that this board had a crazy high selection rate or is there something else I'm failing to consider?
Who knows what the board is doing at this point. My SNA wasn't even looked at due to a "high volume" of applications. ?

PontusPilot

Contributor
I think I was one of the 3 not picked up :/ My recruiter wont answer why I am on AT list, but doesn't know why I don't have a Y/N/DNR in my profile.