• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25JAN21 PILOT/NFO BOARD

Aviate11

Contributor
Yeah wow. That's probably a great way to lose VA funding. My school split Rotary-wing PPL over two semester to avoid funding issues since it was so expensive and that was in an R22 at $350 an hour. I got through one semester before getting picked up so I didn't get to finish my Rotary PPL, but I'll gladly restart in some fancy military aircraft lol.

I wonder if the program I was in was part of that nonsense. There was a Part 61 helicopter school here that had 50 students and some of them VA, started to decline and was bought out by the university in like 2017. And we're out West haha.
Probably man! It was a big deal lol. The VA gave me like 10.5k to get my 40 hours. That was broken into two “college classes” atf100 and atf 101 or something. One was presolo and one was check ride completion. Our cessnas were only $125 wet ?. I’m at ATP now though. You don’t want to know our fixed wing hourly rate ?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Probably man! It was a big deal lol. The VA gave me like 10.5k to get my 40 hours. That was broken into two “college classes” atf100 and atf 101 or something. One was presolo and one was check ride completion. Our cessnas were only $125 wet ?. I’m at ATP now though. You don’t want to know our fixed wing hourly rate ?
I considered ATP, but now that I'm where I am now I'm glad I didn't get stuck with 70K debt and be looking at entrance into the military again.

Aviate11

Contributor
I considered ATP, but now that I'm where I am now I'm glad I didn't get stuck with 70K debt and be looking at entrance into the military again.
ATP gets a bad rap but we have so many sponsorships with airlines. You train in really nice/well maintained aircraft and get your hours super quick and efficiently. It’s not for everyone but I’ve enjoyed it so far. I’ll be done in March probably. And yeah you did it right!