• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Sorry, I got 46 4/6/5. All I need!

Y’all are way smarter than me. The AQR is not for me.
About how long did you spend studying if you don’t mind me asking? Also, what did you use to study? Took my ASTB for the first time today. Not gonna say how I scored but let’s just say I’ll definitely be retaking and will I be taking all the tips I can get.

FlightEngineerBobby

SNA Applicant (ISPP)
About how long did you spend studying if you don’t mind me asking? Also, what did you use to study? Took my ASTB for the first time today. Not gonna say how I scored but let’s just say I’ll definitely be retaking and will I be taking all the tips I can get.
For sure!

I am NO academic. I casually studied for about a week the first time with no idea about the sim portion. Didn’t do well.

I studied about 5-6 hours a week and played with the jantzen sim on a x52 for about 5 hours total.

I used Kyle’s guide and the ASTB app.

maetpt

You're AD, applying ISPP?

Upwardbound

Y’all are way smarter than me.

Y’all are way smarter than me. The AQR is not for me.
Smarter no, i got a 48 on mine and took a physics class in college in which i went to my professor once a week and she had to reteach me algebra and complex algebra to solve physics problems. I also took three ASTB books and took the tests, watched youtube videos on how to solve problems i did not understand and i strived to understand math. I did all that and then retook the ASTB and scored a 57 second time. Its all in studying and understanding. You have to put the time in and learn a little everyday.

TyD1e

Hey all, I'm an SNFO currently in student pool in Pensacola awaiting NIFE. If anyone has any questions I'd happily answer to the best of my ability. Good luck on selection everybody!

68Chev

Hey all, I'm an SNFO currently in student pool in Pensacola awaiting NIFE. If anyone has any questions I'd happily answer to the best of my ability. Good luck on selection everybody!
What's life like right now? How was OCS? And also I Just wanna say, profile pic brings back so many memories.

TyD1e

What's life like right now? How was OCS? And also I Just wanna say, profile pic brings back so many memories.
Right now I wish I was starting NIFE but life isn't so bad at the moment considering. Phone muster most days with the duty section and standing watch one day out of the week. A bunch of down time just waiting around for a slot into NIFE.

OCS was an experience, especially going in as a civilian. The first three weeks are the worst and then it gets dramatically easier from their. By the 8th week you will do a PRT where you have to get a minimum of a good low in all categories, I would definitely recommend being able to hit that before you leave if you can't already. Pretty much everyone that I know performed worse on the initial PRT since you are criminally under fed the first week. OCS is stressful but it's a lot of fun when you look back on it, tons of good memories and better friends. Even RLP is a good memory now that it is done, just take everything in stride and you'll be just fine!

Mr. Meaty is incredible thank you