• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

8APRIL2024 SWO Board

Y-sky

My first choice was Intel (01APR board) and this SWO board as backup since they were so close together, tbh I'm not sure how smart of a decision that was.. will find out soon i guess! Neither results have been posted yet

Swo0918

My first choice was Intel (01APR board) and this SWO board as backup since they were so close together, tbh I'm not sure how smart of a decision that was.. will find out soon i guess! Neither results have been posted yet
Yeah this board was originally suppose to meet April 8th but ended up getting pushed back until the 22nd. I wouldn’t be surprised if the intel board also got pushed back and that’s why you haven’t gotten results yet. The last board that met got their results back within about 2 weeks of the board convening so we are expecting results by next Friday hopefully. Good luck though!

undertheradar

Yeah this board was originally suppose to meet April 8th but ended up getting pushed back until the 22nd. I wouldn’t be surprised if the intel board also got pushed back and that’s why you haven’t gotten results yet. The last board that met got their results back within about 2 weeks of the board convening so we are expecting results by next Friday hopefully. Good luck though!

Where did you see that it got pushed back to yesterday?

Swo0918

Where did you see that it got pushed back to yesterday?
I was told through someone who’s also in the thread because my recruiter never told me. But the at-board list just came out a few days ago. So they are using the supply board dates which was April 22nd for the swo board also. I’m not sure if any of the other boards got pushed back but ours did.

exNavyOffRec

I was told through someone who’s also in the thread because my recruiter never told me. But the at-board list just came out a few days ago. So they are using the supply board dates which was April 22nd for the swo board also. I’m not sure if any of the other boards got pushed back but ours did.
The senior board member can move a date if they want to, board dates are just placeholders. In nearly all cases no one knows a date has been moved unless it is a big enough move to require them to redo the schedule.

The senior board member can move a date if they want to, board dates are just placeholders. In nearly all cases no one knows a date has been moved unless it is a big enough move to require them to redo the schedule.
Yeah on the original FY 24 schedule, applications were due March 8th and the board convened on the 8th of April.

I was devastated at first because I didn’t get an update about my waiver until early April. I logged in again, checked the dates… and they had then moved it to the right.

Although the wait sucks, I think everyone benefited from the extra time. Hoping results are out soon, those July/August class ups look like they are filling fast.

Anyone here also board eligible for chief?

Y-sky

So the Intel didn't pan out, waiting for this board results now.
How much more demanding is swo, ladies and gentlemen, what have you heard?

Swo0918

So the Intel didn't pan out, waiting for this board results now.
How much more demanding is swo, ladies and gentlemen, what have you heard?
Through my research it can be hell depending on CoC and what ship you are on. There’s not much in class learning for swo. Instead you’ll be stationed to a ship to learn how to do everything. Very low retention rate for swo I think I saw last year it was only about 30ish percent. Hence why the navy is accepting a lot of new SWOs currently.

niks0917

Hey everyone, wanted to give a quick update as I heard from my recruiter yesterday. They stated my application was at the board & I needed to do my PRT by next Thursday (most likely because I didn't meet height to weight requirement at MEPS but did meet waist measurement. This was done last year during summer so I do meet the requirements now). If I pass and my application is also accepted, they stated estimated OCS ship date would be May 26th.

I can see in this forum someone stated the original board date moved from 8APRIL to 22APRIL which is understandable. But in a different forum, another SWO applicant spoke to his recruiter today and they stated it’s been delayed again & applications are open until 8MAY and then board won’t meet until early June?

So it’s all a bit confusing right now

Last edited:

Y-sky

Hey everyone, wanted to give a quick update as I heard from my recruiter yesterday. They stated my application was at the board & I needed to do my PRT by next Thursday (most likely because I didn't meet height to weight requirement at MEPS but did meet waist measurement. This was done last year during summer so I do meet the requirements now). If I pass and my application is also accepted, they stated estimated OCS ship date would be May 26th.
I'm not sure that's a realistic timeline. My recruiter said today that the board was delayed. New application deadline is May 8th, which puts the board to convene in early June. If you have a way to double check the information, please do so and let the rest of us know what you find.

Also the Intel board (apr01) results came in yesterday with assigned ocs dates for June 16 and July 21.

Y-sky

I can see in this forum someone stated the original board date moved from 8APRIL to 22APRIL which is understandable. But in a different forum, another SWO applicant spoke to his recruiter today and they stated it’s been delayed again & applications are open until 8MAY and then board won’t meet until early June?

So it’s all a bit confusing right now
Lol just saw the edited version of your post now. But yes. Having a second confirmation on the info from another source would be helpful

Swo0918

I'm not sure that's a realistic timeline. My recruiter said today that the board was delayed. New application deadline is May 8th, which puts the board to convene in early June. If you have a way to double check the information, please do so and let the rest of us know what you find.

Also the Intel board (apr01) results came in yesterday with assigned ocs dates for June 16 and July 21.
That’s weird because they released the at-board list last week so I’m not sure why it would get delayed again after already getting delayed.

Are you referring to the SWO-EDO board? That one says applications are due April 22nd , board convene May 6th

SWO still says 8APR/22APR

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38