• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ACCP Question(s)

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
What is the status of the Aviation Career Continuation Pay (ACCP) for FY-10? I understand that the program is alive and well, albeit $$ tied up b/c of the CR. True/False? Given the known unknowns, is the max $$ still $125,000 for 5 years. Is application timeframe still 5 years subsequent to initial flight training? Are 1510's still in the pool/will/may be in the pool? How about the Space Cadre or does this designation factor in?

Thanks.:eek:

PSU3333

None
Made me glad I took it last year if that is the case!

I am eligible this year, just waiting for the NAVADMIN to be released. I asked a contact of mine at Millington to confirm the reduction to 90K, but all he would say is that the message will be released next week

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
So if i were to take a career killing tour after the one I'm on now...and I were to be "penciled in" for said tour...think they'd give me the bonus if I applied?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
^ at Propstop...yes...
I just spoke with the ACCP manager last week. Her name is Melinda Weeden. I'm sure Bevo knows her. She advised me to hold on to the bonus request letter...as did our detailer....until FY-10 is approved which should be in the next week or so. And by all acounts Prop, we are both on "career killers"...and we will both get the bonus.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
And by all acounts Prop, we are both on "career killers"...and we will both get the bonus.

I guess the question is will your careers be killed enough not to screen for DH or just that you are certain not to become a skipper and have O5 in doubt?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I guess the question is will your careers be killed enough not to screen for DH or just that you are certain not to become a skipper and have O5 in doubt?

Unless VP really starts hemmorhaging people in the next year...I don't see it in the cards for either of us (squadron DH)...making O-4 is a different story.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
If I dump my efforts to get the tour I want next and go to the boat, I'm sure I'd make DH. However...I'm not sure I want to actually do that to myself. Maybe I'll just go back home, open an Irish pub and call it good.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Decisions!

If I dump my efforts to get the tour I want next and go to the boat, I'm sure I'd make DH. However...I'm not sure I want to actually do that to myself. Maybe I'll just go back home, open an Irish pub and call it good.

PropStop,I did my "Boat Tour" as as an O-4 in USS MIDWAY. Having the usual trepidations, I reported & it turned out to be an amazing and enjoyable experience. Started out as Ord/Asst. Wpns w/ collateral - Head Ships C-1A COD pilot. After the 1st cruise, made O-5 & fleeted up to Wpns DH, kept the COD job and made the 2nd cruise. In my spare tiime, checked out as underway & Sea/Anchor Detail OOD. Couldn't have asked for a more fulfilling tour on a GREAT ship.:thumbup_1
Aye, as a "Mick" meself, the Irish pub sounds yummy too,:D hope you make the right decision!
BzB

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

I've always been led to believe (by the hinges) that it was JO sea tour performance as well as your shore tour that were considered the most w/ DH selection and ur dissasociated factored into O5 and CO boards due to their timeing... and if you were an EP player as a JO and went to a community deemed worthy tour you should be ok (provided screen rates don't drop to the low 30% like they did 5-6 years or so ago)...

Have things changed due to the 8yr commitment keeping people around past their shore tours before they can get out?

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Have things changed due to the 8yr commitment keeping people around past their shore tours before they can get out?

I feel like no one knows yet! Here in the TRACOM world I hear of several people taking 1-yr IAs with the idea of coming back to VT-XX, extending until their comittment is up, then getting out. But that is certainly not the majority. None of the first year group (02) with the 8-yr comittment is up for DH yet.

Maybe there will be too many and not enough boat orders for all of us!