• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Admiral Fallon resigns CENTCOM Command

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So somehow an A-6 B/N now has a "Fighter pilot" callsign? I wasn't aware we categorized callsigns . . . :icon_tong

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
ADM Fallon showed up at my winging. It was quite a surprise, but has nothing to do with this thread.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
So somehow an A-6 B/N now has a "Fighter pilot" callsign? I wasn't aware we categorized callsigns . . . :icon_tong

He also was a Vigi RSO in VN before A-6's. He flew with us quite a bit when he was CAG-8 circa 90-91. Like the giant numbers on the Prowler INS. Called it the "old guy" sized model.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
I'm sure that writer had no idea what a Vigi RSO or A-6 B/N ever did: calling him a fighter pilot was something he/she knew & the safe way out. It is great to see an "early-stage" NFO stay this long in such a high position. This is the Navy, so he wasn't a quota Queen: he earned it.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, no matter how much of a literal BJ the Esquire article is, the Admiral would have to be suicidal to accept the praises. That's a pretty creative spin though, I must say. From a former Naval War College prof, no less.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sure that writer had no idea what a Vigi RSO or A-6 B/N ever did: calling him a fighter pilot was something he/she knew & the safe way out.
Agreed, but I couldn't let the opportunity for snarking pass by.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
He also was a Vigi RSO in VN before A-6's....
Slight course correction: in VN and elsewhere, the VIGI' NFO-GIB's were called RAN's .. not RSO's.

I suppose that's enough acronyms for one sentence. :)

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
He also was a Vigi RSO in VN before A-6's. He flew with us quite a bit when he was CAG-8 circa 90-91. Like the giant numbers on the Prowler INS. Called it the "old guy" sized model.

Pugs: while in Bagram, someone in -209 was relating to me the story of Fallon and the first night of DESERT STORM - and it wasn't particularly complementary, dealing with some serious buffoonery on his part on the strike he was nominally leading (and then the award he got for the mission). Does this ring a bell with you?

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Pugs: while in Bagram, someone in -209 was relating to me the story of Fallon and the first night of DESERT STORM - and it wasn't particularly complementary, dealing with some serious buffoonery on his part on the strike he was nominally leading (and then the award he got for the mission). Does this ring a bell with you?

Yep, I was in CVIC during the debrief from my event. Let's just say the shellfish in the Euphrates suffered greatly from Fox and a fellow VA-65 JO got less than full credit for his bombs.

Stopped by your office in McLean last week but it was, as usual empty. I have a new high side address I need to send you.

Thanks for the correction on the proper NFO role the A-4's!

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yep, I was in CVIC during the debrief from my event. Let's just say the shellfish in the Euphrates suffered greatly from Fox and a fellow VA-65 JO got less than full credit for his bombs.

Stopped by your office in McLean last week but it was, as usual empty. I have a new high side address I need to send you.

Thanks for the correction on the proper NFO role the A-4's!

Hey, you gotta stop by my puka, too...I'm in 5H393.

r/
Schnugg

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Looks like Adm. Fallon just resigned his post as CentCom effective the end of the month. No link to post yet because the news conference is happening right now on cnn.com

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
And now the Admiral steps down ... no surprise ... it was only a matter of time after the publication of his interview.

It's also a good lesson for those of you who are still in uniform. When you're dealing w/ ANYONE outside "the Club" ... i.e., your immediate circle .... KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!

'Cause your civilian masters cannot and will not tolerate dissent.

Believe it.