• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AIM-54 Phoenix???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Yeah well.. I've been brainwashed by a bunch of Tomcat RIOs...

So UI? you a single seat FAG or an F-model? ;)

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
What is the biggest difference in being a Tomcat NFO (RIO) and a Hornet (F, or D, I suppose) NFO?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
mules83 said:
RIOs were in tomcats and there going away, hornet backseaters are NFOs
Aaawww, the mighty ERAU knowledge base....

All double anchors are NFOs. The RIO, WSO, ECMO, TACCO titles are more like job descriptions based on the aircraft they fly.

BTW, just kidding about the ERAU stuff (I have a Master's from there), it's the Midshipman knowledge I'm really laughing at. No, actually it's both.....You need to get your facts straight before posting so authoritatively.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
just like all AF backseaters are navigators then can be broken down into WSO, DSO, OSO, etc

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Oh, how quickly they forget .... has no one anything good to say about B/N's and RAN's??? (B/N: the best NFO job there was ... too bad the new GIB's in Hornets don't make sure their new moniker is "B/N")

Winning Ugly .... under 500', over 500 KIAS ....

funfront20li.jpg
tonkin19eb.jpg

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
HAL Pilot said:
Aaawww, the mighty ERAU knowledge base....

BTW, just kidding about the ERAU stuff (I have a Master's from there), it's the Midshipman knowledge I'm really laughing at. No, actually it's both.....You need to get your facts straight before posting so authoritatively.
I love it!

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
UInavy said:
FAG and model in the same sentence, huh?? Wonder what ol' Dr. Freud would have to say about that. Anyhow, I'm a two-seat guy. Don't you have some sandwiches to make? :icon_drin

LOL... touche...

Out of curiosity, do they decide for you in flight school if you're flying E or F... uhhh... versions? Or is that decided at the RAG? Is the syllabus the same for the pilots regardless?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
TurnandBurn55 said:
LOL... touche...

Out of curiosity, do they decide for you in flight school if you're flying E or F... uhhh... versions? Or is that decided at the RAG? Is the syllabus the same for the pilots regardless?

its in the RAG they make that distinction

about the syllabus, got no clue, but there are some Rhino drivers in here

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
mules,
Since HAL got you straight on NFOs and insulted your knowledge of naval aviation I have something for a little extra credit. Find out if PPCs and HACs are pilots or NFOs what aircraft they fly and their primary mission. How are they distinguished from mission commanders, if at all. Report back to me with a posting here ASAP. (Yes you may consider this an order ;) ) No cheating. Don't anyone answer without first giving the middie a chance. If he blows it, you can steal the question for bonus points and the next catagory will be yours.

The clock is running!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wink said:
mules,
Since HAL got you straight on NFOs and insulted your knowledge of naval aviation I have something for a little extra credit. Find out if PPCs and HACs are pilots or NFOs what aircraft they fly and their primary mission. How are they distinguished from mission commanders, if at all. Report back to me with a posting here ASAP. (Yes you may consider this an order ;) ) No cheating. Don't anyone answer without first giving the middie a chance. If he blows it, you can steal the question for bonus points and the next catagory will be yours.

The clock is running!
I love it! AW tasking! ;)

Brett

Grant

TurnandBurn55 said:

UInavy said:
Its decided in the RAG.

A question sort of along the same lines... Do people move back and forth between -E and -F squadrons? Or are you basically flying the same model for your entire career? Additionally, in the Marine Corps, is it common to fly with both VMFA and VMFA(AW) squadrons? :confused:

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
So far i got HAC's are helicopter aircraft commanders which are pilots. I cant find what the heck ppc's are though. I guess erau is going to spit out a brainless officer due to the fact i cant find what ppc's are and cant distinguish between nfo and rio.

Im good at moboards though, maybe i should be a SWO

Status
Not open for further replies.