• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AIM-9X Video

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Interesting AIM-9X video, . Sorry if it's a repost, but I couldn't find it in Search...

I'm sure this would be more interesting to aspiring aviators than to those of you familiar with this missile already. I can't believe a missile turns that tightly right off the rail! I'm sure it's downright terrifying with helmet cueing.

Oh, pardon the cheesy 80's guitar. :)

MasterBates

What a waste of an F-4! I would have bought it at surplus! :D

(and probably made my helo driving behind a smoking hole in the ground)

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Yeah...I always cringe watching drones get wasted. I mean, seriously, I'd LOVE to take an old F-4 off their hands. Kinda like smashing a guitar, eh?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think blown from the sky in one last hurrah as a drone is better than sitting in the boneyard at DMA, that sight will just make you sad.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
True enough. The following picture makes me weep openly:

f14dm.jpg

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
boy I hope when we get that missile it doesnt go all manueverable through my rotor arc, that would suck!

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
boy I hope when we get that missile it doesnt go all manueverable through my rotor arc, that would suck!

I didn't even think of firing it from a helo! Rotor tangles aside, on a Cobra that would be one nasty weapon, huh?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
current Sidewinders that we carry arent bad either not that there is a lot of air to air for anyone these days. The nice thing is that the Zulu will already be all set up for helmet cueing for the gun so it should be easy to do AIM-9X in theory

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
It's odd... I saw a lot of F-15s and JV Hornets... but other than the shot of the carrier takeoff and the wings unfolding... I didn't see any Rhinos...

I've flown with AIM-9X ... and it's good shizzznit... its almost a different missile from -9M/-9L

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Yeah, it says "Super Hornet Attack," but obviously it's a misnamed vid. What does the "JV" in JV Hornet stand for?

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Mefesto said:
JV just dosen't seem all that deragetory coming from a trunk monkey. I mean, I can do my job, AND his!

Sure you do, Cone. I guess -106 C/D has advanced vastly in the last 6 months. Apparently you've been flying lead jets every day, and you've been flying with AESA, FLIR, HARM, RWR, and MIDS, right?? Puh-leeze... just meld when I tell you to, wingman...