• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force declassifies elite aggressor program

Coota0

None
Are you guys talking about the old Red Flag movie with the F-4's and F-5's in it? I vaugely remember that one from when I was 5 or so.

I like how he kept talking about how his Grandfather had flown Corsairs and was just incredible, but he chose to join the Air Force instead of following his Grandfather's foot steps and joining the USMC. I thought it was interesting that in the flight out to Nellis he was obvioulsy flying an F-15E but we never see our hear from the WSO throughout the movie.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh believe me, I'm sold, it was just an ironic comment. Kids at the RAG like to make overly dramatic statements with no factual basis, and I react badly to them. Same thing with parachutes - maybe the reasons to bail are few and far between but I still like having them around, whereas a lot of students in Jacksonville seem to think it's all a joke, mostly the ones who are still whining about not getting jets.

I know where you're coming from. Bottom line, the system works.

As far as bailout, I'm flying a P-3A from 1964 these days, no chutes. I miss the option. The crews here don't know any better, but it still nags at me.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The OLD Reg Flag movie was a hoot, especially the part where the F-4 pilot "invents" the Split-S.

Flares--they WILL work, depending on the system you're defending against, even on a beast like the P-3. Can't hurt, anyway, so why not? Would say more, but would be getting into TTPs.