• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force defeated by India

Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
TANGO 1 said:
Well, i agree with what you are saying, so we are talking about in the next 5 years. But really how many spy missions are being flown.
Enlighten me

Every day. AF and USN.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
phrogdriver said:
By "4s" do you mean the F-4? Those have been on drone duty for some time now. The countries that still use them know that it has limitations, but those are by virtue of being old, not from having undetected bugs. Talk about a great airplane! I think you're talking apples and oranges.

I believe a great portion of the target F-4s still use manned pilots... obviously not the ones we shoot down..... I'll do some research and come back, I just read about this.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
vegita1220 said:
Vette when did you read this?

I'm pretty sure all Luftwaffe MiG-29s got transferred to Poland by now.

Procedings: U.S. Naval Institute May 2004

AIM-9X Sidewinder:

This advanced version reached initial operational capability with Air Force F-15 Eagle squadrons based at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska. The aircraft were equipped with MIDS and the JHMCS, and the occasion was marked with a ceremony in November 2003. At that time, an Air Force Detachment in Key West, Florida, had flown against German MiG-29s (equipped with Soviet-developed HMS and AA-11 systems) and achieved extremely one-sided results. The Sidewinder-JHMCS combination has reestablished U.S. superiority in the within-visual-range arena.....

VetteMuscle427 said:
Procedings: U.S. Naval Institute May 2004

AIM-9X Sidewinder:

This advanced version reached initial operational capability with Air Force F-15 Eagle squadrons based at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska. The aircraft were equipped with MIDS and the JHMCS, and the occasion was marked with a ceremony in November 2003. At that time, an Air Force Detachment in Key West, Florida, had flown against German MiG-29s (equipped with Soviet-developed HMS and AA-11 systems) and achieved extremely one-sided results. The Sidewinder-JHMCS combination has reestablished U.S. superiority in the within-visual-range arena.....

Huh. Weird. Now I've got two pubs completely contradicting each other...great.

Thanks for the update.

montellv

Professional Badguy
pilot
Pags said:
If by current you mean about 386 level
Better to have a 386 that doesn't crash my flight control computers than a pentium that shuts down on a cat shot...just my 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.