• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air-to-Air Missile performance (including Blue on Blue)

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Well thats what we all thought until we started trouble shooting the plane. The glitch came from updating old ass block 25's with newer software. I cannot remember what the update was for but if memory serves me correct, only two of our planes got it at first. LM sent a slew of people down and there was a big stink about it for a while.

The emergency jet button did not have its seal broken and I don't know how he could have jettisoned all stations at once even by f-ing up the computer himself. But what do I know, I was just a dumb enlisted AO...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That picture was taken before we took CATMs to sea. There is also a detent that keeps the Sidewinder from moving forward. It retracts when weapon is selected. If you land without deselecting it (some ircraft are different, but that is what bit more than a few A-7 drivers) there is nothing from keeping the Sidewinder from continuing forward. I saw my first one in 83 timeframe when Flag staff 0-6 bagged an A-7 ride. Oops, there went a brand new AIM-9L that was scarce to be had at the time.

HJ,

Wasn't that the now infamous "CIA PSU" acro that but them?