• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft asthetics (Nominate your favorites!)

osu33

Nuff said.
jsfbackgroundth6.jpg

heard somewhere that some of the test pilots are calling it the "Penguin"... probably not a good sign.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Am I the only one that doesn't think the JSF is an inherently good looking airplane? Kinda looks like an underfunded "B movie's" mock up of an F-22 to me...

osu33

Am I the only one that doesn't think the JSF is an inherently good looking airplane? Kinda looks like an underfunded "B movie's" mock up of an F-22 to me...

I like the look of the charlie... doesn't look like a flying lawn dart (as much).

Lawman

None

Thats also the X-35. Take a look side by side between it and the production model F-35 and there are several differnces. Hell take a look at the YF-22 vs the F-22 its pretty cool to sea how less gay looking the airplane got.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Thats also the X-35. Take a look side by side between it and the production model F-35 and there are several differnces. Hell take a look at the YF-22 vs the F-22 its pretty cool to sea how less gay looking the airplane got.

f22-evolution.jpg

LordTravi

Annoying Pre-BDCP Guy
From the opaque front and the long thin wings to the USAF on the side, I think we can all agree that this is the most beautiful "aircraft."
Globalhawk.750pix.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
here's an interesting link for you history buffs/ Teutonphiles....don't know if it's a repost...but there is some amazing conceptual artwork on this site...kinda scary what might have been...(sorry if this is a repost)
www.luft46.com
ksstl-1.jpg

Good wiki pic eddie. No link, but I remember reading "Yeager" where he mentioned the F-20 as his favorite. Out of all the types he flew, that's got to be saying something...

Lawman

None
That Northrop paid him the most?

Concur. He has repeatedly made outright vulgar statements about the F-20's prime competition the F-16 having never flown one and ignoring years and years of combat proven capability by both our nation and our allies.

Ive met the man twice, and while I do respect that he came up and lived and breathed aviation back when it was very very likely to kill you (Hey we built this plane thats gonna go faster then anything ever has, we dont know if it will blow up, and it has an unproven ejection seat so who wants a ride) he has very much bought into his own hype. There were a lot of other guys that did the same job and dont get any of the hero worship because they werent "The fastest man alive."

Heres an interview showing a lot of that attitude. http://www.f-16.net/interviews_article35.html