• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft asthetics (Nominate your favorites!)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I see the T-2's flying over just about every single day .... Our aero 2 instructor eduded to the "fact" that the T-2 is a miserable aircraft to fly but he didn't really give a reason why....

Uh-Oh ... now that you know your Aero 2 Instructor is an idiot ... what are you gonna' do ... ???? :eek:

The T-2 Buckeye in the Gun Pattern @ NPA with 2 X .50 cal Brownings ... nothin' better. Even my AF exchange Instructor who headed the Gun syllabus ... CAPT "Nazi" Salome
said so ... ;)(Nazi?? He wore jack boots to fly)...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I see the T-2's flying over just about every single day and I can only wish that I was the one in the cockpit. Is it only the NFO's who get to fly in the T-2 during their advanced stage? Our aero 2 instructor eduded to the "fact" that the T-2 is a miserable aircraft to fly but he didn't really give a reason why. At this point in the game, I can't comprehend any jet being bad enough to be called miserable.

The T-2C was an incredible little jet. Of course I only had 142 hours in it but it was easy to fly, very simple and probably a good way to introduce students to the carrier. My first trap was in a T-2C onboard the USS Kitty Hawk off San Diego. My boss at NETSAFA fly's the with VT-86 has said he will try to get me flight (try is the key word) in the T-2C. I think I could still handle it :)

jride200

Asked his favorite airplane to fly, Neil Armstrong, without hesitation stated, "Bearcat." I know nothing of it's flying characteristics, but do believe it to be quite pretty.
f8f_grumman_bearcat_a.jpg

Rubiks06

pilot
Always thought the X-29 was cool. Weird...but cool looking.

Attachments

• 111412main_X-29_flight.jpg
    111412main_X-29_flight.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 51

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Always thought the X-29 was cool. Weird...but cool looking.

That thing was the end-all be-all of computer controlled aircraft. One of my profs in college had a lot of background info on the avionics programming. Apparently, there were something like 7 on board computers... that thing would become a rock if a certain number of computers failed... Least that's the skinny I got from my teacher.

Rasczak

Marine
That thing was the end-all be-all of computer controlled aircraft. One of my profs in college had a lot of background info on the avionics programming. Apparently, there were something like 7 on board computers... that thing would become a rock if a certain number of computers failed... Least that's the skinny I got from my teacher.
From what I've read the B-2 is similar, as it has a certain number of computers to keep it flying.

Rubiks06

pilot
I was reading on it and apparently the forward swept wings kept it from stalling until 45 units of AOA.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
P38-joltin.jpg

This one, in this color scheme, is the first aviation toy I remember. It was metal, about a inch or so across, and often accompanied me outside often to watch airliners and the occasional "buh-buh-buh-buh" go by. Most of the paint was rubbed off in my last memory of it, but I had taken care of teh little plastic props that you could spin...

schwarti

Contributor
From what I've read the B-2 is similar, as it has a certain number of computers to keep it flying.

And the F-117, too; apparently, it would be very, very difficult to fly it without the computers. Or so sayeth the History Channel. :D