• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

And the PRT changes yet again

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Dynamic warmup is aimed at helping that USN population doing 2x workouts a year.

The whole PFA is a force shaping measure - just see who gets auto waivers or when PERS stops enforcing adsep-for-failures.
It's been 7 years since the Navy booted a sailor for PFA failures.

And quite frankly, finding a friendly PRT buddy and huffing for 12 minutes on a bike set to 12 isn't going to do much "force shaping." It's just another form of quazi hazing to kick out people who aren't in with the cool kids or goat locker where suddenly the CFL does a by the book tape test and they are held to perfect form on pushups / plank.

The PRT is an institutional integrity violation.

Last edited:

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Dynamic warmup is aimed at helping that USN population doing 2x workouts a year.

The whole PFA is a force shaping measure - just see who gets auto waivers or when PERS stops enforcing adsep-for-failures.

Yeah I guess that particular evolution was probably mostly designed to weed out the folks who began feeling chest pains during light exercise, before they tried to kill themselves in the actual event.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
another form of quazi hazing to kick out people who aren't in with the cool kids or goat locker
That’s certainly a take… and one I would have absolutely expected from a drunk posting Spekio, because if you aren’t drunk right now, how in the fuck are you leading Sailors with insane ideas like this? Absolutely astonishing.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
That’s certainly a take… and one I would have absolutely expected from a drunk posting Spekio, because if you aren’t drunk right now, how in the fuck are you leading Sailors with insane ideas like this? Absolutely astonishing.
It wasn't a drunk post. I just said the part you're not supposed to say out loud based on years of experience that goes back to when every in PRT failure at OCS was a prior enlisted E5 / E6 who couldn't do proper pushups... because no one enforces it. Those were the only legitimate PRTs I've taken in my entire career.

Beyond that: Have you opened your eyes and seen how the average sailor looks? Almost all of them magically passed a PRT.

Our force isn't in shape, and we'll eventually lose a ship over it. DC and firefighting are physically demanding.

Poor fitness is also the #1 cause of acute depression and a significant predictor for suicidal ideations.

Or maybe it's as simple as a disgruntled sailor sending a video to the press that goes viral, then a senior leader will pay attention and everyone will be SHOCKED, like aviators never ever sexually assaulted women at tailhook before 1991 and nukes were NEVER cheating on qual exams before 2014, we just had some isolated bad actors and needed to make an example of them.

No, there's no institutional cultural problem that occurred for years, how could you ever possibly lead people if you could think that?

But for now we'll just go through the motions of wasting two hours per man on a test that doesn't actually accomplish anything for the force.

Get real get better, except when it's uncomfortable. Then it's look the other way until we can't.

Last edited: