• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

exNavyOffRec

Do I have to sign a letter or something saying yes or no? Is there a max time I can wait? I tried to contact my OR today but he wasn't available. The last time I talked to him (right after selection notification in December) via email, he told me the district said it was okay to wait for February and still keep my pro-rec. He knows that my ultimate goal is USN-O and I don't want to lose the opportunity but if it can be like BK (your way right away) then it will be USN-O (insert IDC designation here). I don't feel like he would steer me wrong.

What order did you put?

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
If I was your OR I would have just communicated with the program manager directly, however there are some NRD's that like to control all aspects of their OR's, it looks like your hands are tied.

So basically...I just should hold tight and hope to hear something before the end of January?

Thanks NavyOffRec. However, I still feel like I am up against the clock...

I am going to call the Executive Officer of that NRD and have a chat. At this point, all that separates me from my dream is literally a month. I am afraid after all my struggle and sacrifice...I can't just sit by and wait for the best. I am going to fight for my spot in OCS.

exNavyOffRec

So basically...I just should hold tight and hope to hear something before the end of January?

Thanks NavyOffRec. However, I still feel like I am up against the clock...

I am going to call the Executive Officer of that NRD and have a chat. At this point, all that separates me from my dream is literally a month. I am afraid after all my struggle and sacrifice...I can't just sit by and wait for the best. I am going to fight for my spot in OCS.

you would be better to call the officer assistant chief recruiter (OACR), in general the NRD CO and XO are out of touch when it comes to officer recruiting, not a slam on the CO/XO's but that is just how things are, CO/XO's get fired for missing enlisted goal, not so much for missing officer goal.

When you get a hold of him or anyone else for that matter ask them to please find out what they can and then email you what they find out, the reason is email leaves a trail that you can reference later if needed.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
you would be better to call the officer assistant chief recruiter (OACR), in general the NRD CO and XO are out of touch when it comes to officer recruiting, not a slam on the CO/XO's but that is just how things are, CO/XO's get fired for missing enlisted goal, not so much for missing officer goal.

When you get a hold of him or anyone else for that matter ask them to please find out what they can and then email you what they find out, the reason is email leaves a trail that you can reference later if needed.

Thank you, NavyOffRec. Much appreciated wisdom.

afwx

Booyahkah
I thought we discussed this already, that you weren't allowed to compete against me for the coveted weather slot ;) :p

Hahahhahahaha I know I won't get it, you have about 5 years on me in wx plus the degree in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

USAF_WX2USN

Hahahhahahaha I know I won't get it, you have about 5 years on me in wx plus the degree in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I thought you've been in longer than me or are you a cross-tread? Anyways, I'm happy with whatever and I'm happy another AF weather person got picked up :) I hope you get what you wanted, but it's cool that you already got SWO.