• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to Jan board 2013

Kcamp

SNFO OCS Class 17Feb13
I haven't received one yet. I went to MEPS December 17 and finished my SF86 at the end of October.

ssmit255

Just received my final select letter. OCS start date on Jan 27.

Nice man, congratulations! Hoping to hear from my OR that he has the letter in hand early this week. Definitely wanting to receive it before putting in my two weeks. Did your OR contact you or did you receive a physical letter in the mail as well?

AJD

API all day
My OR sent me an email with the letter attached as a PDF. I'm in the same situation with work. My OR had originally said to expect a March date so I have a lot of preparation to do very shortly to be fully ready to go.

Chemystery

NFO Final Select - Feb 17, 2013 OCS
Haven't heard either. However, I flashed my OR an email a minute ago asking what the scoop is.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Haven't heard yet either, but that's because I still need to get my weight down and get back to MEPS. Also, I haven't heard anything more about the security investigation, are they supposed to interview me or something?

AJD

API all day
I have heard that you do not necessarily need to be interviewed directly for a security clearance, but this is coming from the civilian side.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Haven't heard yet either, but that's because I still need to get my weight down and get back to MEPS. Also, I haven't heard anything more about the security investigation, are they supposed to interview me or something?
I have heard that you do not necessarily need to be interviewed directly for a security clearance, but this is coming from the civilian side.

The investigation just has to be opened to get an FS letter out. They will interview you and go over your package and stuff during the investigation, and will often send someone up to OCS to talk to you. The story my processor told me: Initially we should all get secret, and then later it might get updated to TS depending on whatever platform we end up in. Investigations take months and months, so basically you are given one tentatively and as long as nothing goes wrong in the investigation, you get to keep it. Same goes for your TS upgrade should it be needed.

rjkwas

Question to all pilot/NFO pro-recs: have any of you who put down a start date for January not yet received an OCS date?

Yes, actually i got selected for SNA/NFO in December but still haven't found out my date yet...so you're not alone.