• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
While it is sad this young man died he is not the one I was talking about, the one I was talking about wasn't even officially in the USN yet, he was in DEP.
Sorry about that, I did a search for "San Diego PRT death," and that was just about the only story that popped up. Since it was two years ago, I figured that was what you were talking about.
Do you know, did he have some sort of pre-existing condition? Or maybe it was heatstroke? I'm just wondering how someone could've died from that unless it was one of those two things. I remember there was a big deal a while back about high school kids playing football in danger of getting heatstroke, including at least one who died.

afsf1

Sorry about that, I did a search for "San Diego PRT death," and that was just about the only story that popped up. Since it was two years ago, I figured that was what you were talking about.
Do you know, did he have some sort of pre-existing condition? Or maybe it was heatstroke? I'm just wondering how someone could've died from that unless it was one of those two things. I remember there was a big deal a while back about high school kids playing football in danger of getting heatstroke, including at least one who died.
Didn't stop high schools from still playing football
goddamn bubblewrap society

BENDER

pilot

Attachments

• Genoff-Quality-Profile.pdf
    61.4 KB · Views: 45
Packet was sent in on time.

Off to MEPS on Friday.

I find it interesting that it is hard to find exactly what is done at MEPS. I understand
that their is the typical physical items, urine, eyes, ears, motion and such. I was looking
more for what is done during the "underwear Olympics" other exercise you may do
such as the Duck Walk. I have been training physically and all, and I can't imagine they
expect anything super human out of you, but I did have ACL reconstruction in the past and
I would like to prepare myself as much as possible for the examination, or at minimum know
what to expect.

brouwerb

Off to MEPS on Friday.

I find it interesting that it is hard to find exactly what is done at MEPS. I understand
that their is the typical physical items, urine, eyes, ears, motion and such. I was looking
such as the Duck Walk. I have been training physically and all, and I can't imagine they
expect anything super human out of you, but I did have ACL reconstruction in the past and
I would like to prepare myself as much as possible for the examination, or at minimum know
what to expect.
Have fun at MEPS. It is fairly basic medical stuff. You will go through vision (depth perception test is challenging but many find it helpful to blink quickly while trying to identify the circle that "sticks out"), hearing booth (if you think you hear something even very faint, click it, it is your headset not your neighbors), blood pressure, blood draw, urine, full physical by the doc, and underwear oylmpics. The olympics is fairly simple you will do some balancing excersizes, full joint rotations to test movement, walking excerises, and a few other random excercises. The longest amount of time will be spent on the morning brief including some paperwork where again you need to list any medical conditions, driving violations etc. Once you complete everything you will get your paperwork from your respective branch office and be on your way. Again have fun and have a good nights sleep before hand and eat breakfast.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot

Off to MEPS on Friday.

what to expect.

That part of MEPS is just things to test your balance/flexibility/etc. You will have one guy telling you what to do and another guy watching everyone's progress. The exercises are simple things like:
  • Spread your wingspan as far as possible and then clap in front of you
  • Stand on one foot
  • Duckwalk across a room
  • Sprint for 50 feet and then come to a sudden stop
  • etc.
Like brouwerb said above, get a good night of sleep and eat a good breakfast. Also, if you're shy about pissing in a tiny bathroom next to five other dudes, then drink a lot of water and deal with the pain. My little guy works way better next to a bunch of other people when my bladder is forcing it to. If you're doing the piss test and you can't make it happen, everybody will be forced to wait on you until you fill the cup. Nobody leaves until everybody is done. That means that instead of peeing with five other guys, you're peeing alone with five other irritated guys waiting behind you (in utter silence) for your dick to start working with a MEPS attendant watching. I had to wait for about five silent minutes with a bunch of other guys while the last poor soul just stood at the urinal wishing for death (and pee).

Don't be that guy. Drink water, deal with the pain of having to pee, and then get your piss test done first (you can choose, somewhat, what order you get tests done in).

How does selection work?

If you are recommended by the board and physically qualified that's it?
Or is their more to the process?

J.McGinnis

How does selection work?

If you are recommended by the board and physically qualified that's it?
Or is their more to the process?

I believe they perform the background check as well. I think it would be different for every applicant based on their earliest report date. For myself, my earliest report date is March 1 and I am already PQ. So the process may be a little speedier if I get a Pro-Rec with waiting for the Final Select letter and a class date. Question is...Will selects from this board fill up the end of the FY13 classes or be the first ones to stab at the FY14

exNavyOffRec

I believe they perform the background check as well. I think it would be different for every applicant based on their earliest report date. For myself, my earliest report date is March 1 and I am already PQ. So the process may be a little speedier if I get a Pro-Rec with waiting for the Final Select letter and a class date. Question is...Will selects from this board fill up the end of the FY13 classes or be the first ones to stab at the FY14

The start the background check so it has to be "open".

Looking at the numbers they are still filling FY13, and the more I am hearing about people being pro rec'd Y and then being medically DQ I understand why NRC wants SNA PQ prior to board.

Mew

Alright kids sorry I have been MIA but here is your final listy of all applicants, you are ranked by OAR then GPA,

Afas1 2.99 8 7 8 71
Lincoln 3.38 9 8 9 66
Sneaky 3.09 8 8 7 66
Strandluper 3.4 8 8 8 65
Casey123 3.4 7 7 7 63
Brou 3.42 61
J.McGinnis 3.37 7 7 7 60
Alaurin 3.28 7 6 6 60
DSCHorr 3.2 6 5 6 60
BleedGreen 3.45 7 8 7 59
Chi.guy 3.6 56
Hay 3.09 5 5 5 55