• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

Does anyone on here know if you have to fill out a family care plan if your a single parent never married that does not have any type of custody? I applied to the July board last year my application was viewed without the family care plan. My package will be sent off today without a family care plan my recruiter informed me they may ask for one they may not.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Well alright. Thanks for posting the stats. Do you know where I can find more? It seems as long as I have a 8/8/8 or above ASTB, I might have a good shot. I'll study hard.

Other threads have people posting their scores, but as far as I know I was the first to compile them for AW.

exNavyOffRec

Maybe I'm too new to this, but, if charges were dropped why would boards look negatively on it? Cops do make mistakes sometimes.

Goes to decision making, odds are you were probably somewhere you shouldn't have been to put you in that position and it isn't uncommon for charges just to be dropped because it isn't worth pursuing.

USAF_WX2USN

The thing is, my kit was already submitted- for the IDC board. I have SWO listed as my third choice. I just wanted to make sure that if I don't get selected on the IDC board, that my kit makes it to the SWO board. I already did MEPS and was told that my waiver would only take about 48hrs to process and it's been a week and a half. If the waiver doesn't come in today am I still good for the SWO board since the entire kit was turned in on Jan 7th or does something else need to be done so it will get rolled over to the board after the IDC?

Well, spoke to one of recruiters (although its not the work working this issue) this morning and they haven't heard of the PQ requirement not in effect for this board. However, please see my post above that my kit was already submitted for IDC with SWO listed as #3. Will it still meet the SWO board? They're in training today, so they may or may not get back to me and if there is still something else, it's probably too late. Any insight NavyOffRec?

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
Understood, but it seems like what Graham2017 is saying that you still need to go to MEPS before application submission (Feb 1), PQ letter can come later but must be in by the time the board meets (Mar 4). That seems odd given that the board doesn't see anyone's medical paperwork. And from what you wrote, an NRD can still get credit if they get a PQ letter after selection - but they run the risk of not getting any credit if non-select
I was going purely off of what my OR relayed to me. Retrospectively, it now seems obvious why he would have me running between cities for two weeks to make sure the PQ gets in on time so his NRD can get credit immediately. This is kind of shady, in my opinion, considering he convinced me to pay over $200 to get a physical through a Navy-permitted private physician because MEPS could have possibly taken too long and prevented my package from being complete in time.

The truth! It burns!!!

AirGuy

Other threads have people posting their scores, but as far as I know I was the first to compile them for AW.
Thanks for doing that man. I imagine it must have take a good bit of time. It's very helpful though to see where I stand.

Does anyone know if it is possible to take the flight physical before applying to OCS? I want to make sure I am qualified / pass everything except for the vision (nearsightedness) test. I wouldn't get PRK now, unless I am qualified for the SNA / NFO positions otherwise. Is the flight physical done at MEPS or a special "NAMI" station by a "flight surgeon."

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
Thanks for doing that man. I imagine it must have take a good bit of time. It's very helpful though to see where I stand.

Does anyone know if it is possible to take the flight physical before applying to OCS? I want to make sure I am qualified / pass everything except for the vision (nearsightedness) test. I wouldn't get PRK now, unless I am qualified for the SNA / NFO positions otherwise. Is the flight physical done at MEPS or a special "NAMI" station by a "flight surgeon."
While I'm not entirely sure if the physical I received for my SNA application was a "flight physical", I did have to undergo a few various tests unique to the SNA application requirements compared to the other designations. I'm positive there will be more physical screening the further down the pipeline I go (provided that I am selected).

USAF_WX2USN

Well, my recruiter says I have nothing to worry about, since my kit was submitted back on 07 Jan for the the IDC board. The medical waiver is still pending and I guess can be submitted through once approved. I'm just hoping for the best and that my kit will be seen by someone.

exNavyOffRec

Well, spoke to one of recruiters (although its not the work working this issue) this morning and they haven't heard of the PQ requirement not in effect for this board. However, please see my post above that my kit was already submitted for IDC with SWO listed as #3. Will it still meet the SWO board? They're in training today, so they may or may not get back to me and if there is still something else, it's probably too late. Any insight NavyOffRec?

If it is submitted it will be seen by all, it sounds as if the NRD you are going thru is trying to get every application credit they can by waiting for PQ letters.

exNavyOffRec

MEPS is a general military entrance physical, no more, the USN doesn't do any flight physicals before OCS.