• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
A holdup at MEPS. Then a holdup with N3M. Then a holdup with security clearance paperwork.

Everything should be good to go now. It has been a huge pain and a lot of worrying though.

Ouch. Hope you kept your job! I can't imagine wondering about this all year....

LeapOfFaith

FS NFO 11 Nov 2012
Just found out today that I have a November OCS date. Wonder why it's so late when everyone else seems to be getting August and September dates...regardless I'm just relieved to finally know!

bluemarlin04

Just went back into my email and looked.

Got an email June 4th saying my finsel was just waiting on a signature. So hopefully it comes tomorrow

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
Same here. Funny, I thought I went to college to get out of my parents's basement...
LOL. I'm living with my parents, too. As much as I've enjoyed it, the sleep-eat-exercise-surf-occasionally drink routine is getting old.

bluemarlin04

LOL. I'm living with my parents, too. As much as I've enjoyed it, the sleep-eat-exercise-surf-occasionally drink routine is getting old.
Yea it does get old. I went to so cal for three weeks to surf and party. Went to San Diego, Oceanside, and Newport and stayed with friends. Put some pretty big damage on the bank account. Haha. Worth it.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Ouch. Hope you kept your job! I can't imagine wondering about this all year....

I was a teacher, so I could not keep my job after this school year. It would be unfair to them to say I'm coming back and then take off for OCS.

All the more reason this better work out.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Yeah I have to be careful. With guaranteed income at the end of September, I might spend every dime I have flying and playing golf.

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Haha, exactly. I just had a buddy offer me the opportunity to fly from Montana to Tennessee. Flight hours for about $25 per hour. May just have to put that one on the ole credit card. And for all of you guys worrying about not having your PPL, my understanding is that if you already have it you will skip the Introductory Flight Screening portion of flight school. If you don't, you will go through basically the same training we did when you are down in Pensacola. So if anything, you will have a fresher education than we will. After that we will all be racking up on hours, so no worries.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Haha, exactly. I just had a buddy offer me the opportunity to fly from Montana to Tennessee. Flight hours for about $25 per hour. May just have to put that one on the ole credit card. And for all of you guys worrying about not having your PPL, my understanding is that if you already have it you will skip the Introductory Flight Screening portion of flight school. If you don't, you will go through basically the same training we did when you are down in Pensacola. So if anything, you will have a fresher education than we will. After that we will all be racking up on hours, so no worries.
Must be nice, I'm paying $130/hr wet for a C177RG

bluemarlin04

Went to uniform shop to get my medals mounted so I have them at OCS, haven't got medals mounted since 2005 and back then I only had 2.

I have 11 medals and 2 ribbons. The medals alone cost me 150.00 with mounting. There went my drinking moneys

And to the priors, are you going to order thin ribbons for your stack or just rock the regular?

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Must be nice, I'm paying $130/hr wet for a C177RG

Well that's not too terrible considering I used to pay 120/hr for a 1973 C172 that was in pretty rough shape. But my buddy is buying this Cherokee 140 in Western Montana and wants a flying buddy... so lucky me! All I've gotta pay for is the flight up there.

Went to uniform shop to get my medals mounted so I have them at OCS, haven't got medals mounted since 2005 and back then I only had 2.

I have 11 medals and 2 ribbons. The medals alone cost me 150.00 with mounting. There went my drinking moneys

And to the priors, are you going to order thin ribbons for your stack or just rock the regular?

Holy Crap, Blue. Does it typically cost that much?

froky36

Information Warfare Candidate

I have a set of both, but the thin ribbons look much better. I'll probably bring both. I went through the same thing with my medals. Haven't updated them in a while and they were pricey. Looking like a god damn war hero! ;)