• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

bluemarlin04

Anyone hear anything yet? I'm still waiting. Been about a month since my recruiter told me my finsel letter was done and just waiting on a signature.

I wonder if the fact I don't have it yet means I'm going to be in a far later class or just the fact that it hasn't been signed and they were piled up?

Sparticusjmr

FS SNA Newport 21 Oct
Anyone hear anything yet? I'm still waiting. Been about a month since my recruiter told me my finsel letter was done and just waiting on a signature.

I wonder if the fact I don't have it yet means I'm going to be in a far later class or just the fact that it hasn't been signed and they were piled up?

Nothing here either; I ask myself the same question every day. My recruiter said when the letter was written up it has a date on it that becomes final after the signature. Mine said Oct 21st. The pessimist in me ponders if something came up with the budgeted # of slots, so that's what their waiting for. Pure guess, but just what comes to mind after 3 years of applying to delayed/cancelled boards and budget cuts/goal increases. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

exNavyOffRec

If your FINSEL letter is done waiting on a signature he knows the date, the letter cannot be generated for signature without the OCS date being in CIRIMS, have him go into CIRIMS and tell you the date.

bluemarlin04

If your FINSEL letter is done waiting on a signature he knows the date, the letter cannot be generated for signature without the OCS date being in CIRIMS, have him go into CIRIMS and tell you the date.
Going to call him now and ask. Thanks for the advice.

Tonkovich.J

Scratch that last post of mine. I gave my recruiter a call this morning and I'm Final Select for Oct 21st! Swearing in this Thursday!!!! I'm sure you'll hear something soon Blue. At least you know you already have a date and that the letters are still getting signed.

Finally, someone else who is going in October.

exNavyOffRec

Be ready to go sooner Tonk. My recruiter said I had an original date of Sept 30th that then got bumped down to July. You might get that same call. ;) Don't get too comfortable.

The latest report from NRC says all but one person (for Pilot/NFO) has a finalized date for FY12, so no more should be rolled up, the one they mentioned has been notified and they are finalizing the paperwork.

froky36

Information Warfare Candidate
The latest report from NRC says all but one person (for Pilot/NFO) has a finalized date for FY12, so no more should be rolled up, the one they mentioned has been notified and they are finalizing the paperwork.

That's a bit disappointing, but on the bright side I have more time to work out and enjoy shore duty while awaiting my orders.

exNavyOffRec

That's a bit disappointing, but on the bright side I have more time to work out and enjoy shore duty while awaiting my orders.

This was just for Pilot and NFO.

I have no idea what is going to happen with anyone in the IDC community, but being AD you should be first on the list, whenever that is.

exNavyOffRec

Going to call him now and ask. Thanks for the advice.

It appears what is going on back east is when all is ready for the FINSEL to be signed the words FINSEL waiting to be signed are being put into CIRIMS, however the letter may not actually be generated yet, so if he can't see a date, the letter may not be in routing just yet, but probably close.

bluemarlin04

It appears what is going on back east is when all is ready for the FINSEL to be signed the words FINSEL waiting to be signed are being put into CIRIMS, however the letter may not actually be generated yet, so if he can't see a date, the letter may not be in routing just yet, but probably close.
Okay I see. thanks for the info. Said a month ago it was done, but who knows.

I just don't wanna be in a late class like November. I'm not working and I'm pretty much hanging out all day. On the bright side, it's fun surfing but idle hands are pretty much the devil