• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army Aviation subforum

ZoWnX

This place is holy mecca of everything Naval aviation. Whats the chances you guys put together an Army Aviation subforum...

The information put here for the AFAST helped me score a 7/7/9, and while i am interested in naval aviation, i want to go army aviation. So this is a plea that you can create the subforum here, and start gaining a wealth of knowledge for the AFOQT and army aviation in general.

please?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I tend to think that informed participation might be the problem. Airwarriors isn't just a gouge board or a "Hey I want to join the Navy" board. There is a wealth of information that "resides" here, and I just haven't seen that from the Army side of the house.

Not to say that I couldn't be wrong...I just haven't seen it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Obviously webmaster has the say, but I'd guess the answer would be no. There are some Army guys on here, and they contribute some excellent posts, but their numbers are limited and, afterall, it is a Naval Aviation site. There are some other resources out there like kiowapilot (or whatever it is).

Then again, webmaster said he wouldn't make a gun sub-forum...

ZoWnX

I understand there is just naval aviation forums here, but airwarriors as a name or as a site doesnt have to imply just naval. Yet again, just looking for a forum admin to give the yay or nay.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This place is holy mecca of everything Naval aviation. Whats the chances you guys put together an Army Aviation subforum...

The information put here for the AFAST helped me score a 7/7/9, and while i am interested in naval aviation, i want to go army aviation. So this is a plea that you can create the subforum here, and start gaining a wealth of knowledge for the AFOQT and army aviation in general.

please?

There have already been several threads covering Army aviation. Here is a very recent one that would probably answer a lot of your questions:

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134803&highlight=army+aviation

This site has also been recommended for info about Army aviation: www.kiowapilots.com

Finally, there are several Army aviators here on the forum and you could always PM them, guys like bobbyrock, Stearman4, Skeet and OH-58Driver. They have a diverse set of experiences ranging from active duty, National Guard, JO and CWO. They should be able to give you plenty of info.

JLockheed

Wanderer
try www.kiowapilots.com. You can't post in a lot of the sub categories anymore (they were locked after the site came back up) but if you search there is a ton of information about joining the Army to fly.

By the way, the AFOQT is an Air Force test. The Army uses the AFAST. If you want some info on the AFOQT shoot me a PM.:icon_drin

ZoWnX

try www.kiowapilots.com. You can't post in a lot of the sub categories anymore (they were locked after the site came back up) but if you search there is a ton of information about joining the Army to fly.

By the way, the AFOQT is an Air Force test. The Army uses the AFAST. If you want some info on the AFOQT shoot me a PM.:icon_drin

ASTB = my 7/7/9
AFAST is what i am studying for..

confused the test.. sorry :-X checkingout the website now, thank you