• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army Aviation subforum

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's why Naval Aviation is different, and in my opinion .... better .... than the Army or Air Force flying communities.

I don't have a dog in this hunt .... but for illustration, USAA, once bullet-proof, started down the toilet -- when they went after a "wider audience" .... :)

Just my $20 worth.

A4's brings up an interesting point, I have heard 3 fellow O's complain about USAA in the past year when I had heard only one complaint in the 10 years prior. It was such a bad experience for two of them they have checked out other insurance options. Maybe another thread?

P.S. I like the focus of the site now. I welcome the Army aviators here, they provide valuable insight and some very cool stories, but I think it should remain focused on Naval Aviation. My .02 worth.......I amnot as wealthy as A4's........;)

MasterBates

USAA has become more of a PITA to deal with, and I have seen my rates go up compared to what other insurance would cost.

When I got commissioned, and I first switched to USAA, it was no-joke, 50% savings on the same coverage than the closest competitor.

Now, its still my cheapest option for my homeowners, truck & renters insurance, but when they "farmed out" the motorcycle end of it, they were THREE TIMES the rate of Progressive, and had a higher deductible.

I pay $295 year for full coverage on my 2003 Triumph Bonneville with a $250 deductile. USAA wanted $1000/year, for the same bike, and a $1000 deductible..

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
Unfortunately I'm going to have to agree with A-4. While it would be convenient for a perspective Army Aviator to get comparative information on a Naval Aviation forum, it would probably be doinghim/her a dis-service.

The 4 or five of us on AW probably can't provide a wide enough spectrum of experience to be of much value to all those wanting info on the Army. Best left to Kiowapilots.com which used to be a great resource for even those of us who don't fly 58s. There's a very diverse group of pilots on KW that provide every possible perspective on a given topic.

I'm on here cuz' I used to be an aircrewman and SEAL, so it's a convenient way to keep in touch with the community, as I still find myself speaking squid. My meager thoughts...

bobbybrock

None
Aisde from kiowapilots, there's hawkdriver.com. you can also fine an Army forum on forumco.com under APTAP. It is a really good source for non aircraft spacific info. It covers everthing from getting into flight school via OCS, WOCS, ROTC , Guard as well as leaving the Army and flying for other services .
As always the wisdom of A4's bodes well, leave this a Navy, Marine and Coastie sight. And don't get me started on USAA. I was a member before the policy change and see the difference with the wider audience.