• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army Aviation subforum

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Zownx, in theory I am not opposed to a subforum, but there just isn't the membership base or posts to necessitate that at this stage. And as mentioned there are other resources out there, that better serve your questions, and I don't want to detract from their efforts. I also want to keep the core emphasis of this site intact, we have grown alot over the last 8 years, and I want it to stay on track with Navy and Marine Corps Aviation. I gotta say, that I am pleased to have active Army, Coast Guard and Air Force aviators participating in the site, they definitely bring interesting insight and discussions to the table!

phrogpilot73

Zownx, in theory I am not opposed to a subforum, but there just isn't the membership base or posts to necessitate that at this stage. And as mentioned there are other resources out there, that better serve your questions, and I don't want to detract from their efforts. I also want to keep the core emphasis of this site intact, we have grown alot over the last 8 years, and I want it to stay on track with Navy and Marine Corps Aviation. I gotta say, that I am pleased to have active Army, Coast Guard and Air Force aviators participating in the site, they definitely bring interesting insight and discussions to the table!

Aren't they Naval Aviators as well??

ZoWnX

Zownx, in theory I am not opposed to a subforum, but there just isn't the membership base or posts to necessitate that at this stage.

Also, the not having the actual specific forums contributes to this too.

I understand your resistance, but with the great moderation, i think you could start attracting a wider audience. The other sites listed have been helpful, but added nothing new to what i already knew. I am actually more interested in hear stories from army aviators, much like the ones from the naval aviation sections. The othersites just fail to give me the same community this does.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I understand your resistance, but with the great moderation, i think you could start attracting a wider audience.

also want to keep the core emphasis of this site intact, we have grown alot over the last 8 years, and I want it to stay on track with Navy and Marine Corps Aviation.
He doesn't want to...read the man's post. It's no insult to the Army air, or Air Force types...but...there it is. Take some initiative and start your own maybe...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I understand your resistance, but with the great moderation, i think you could start attracting a wider audience.

Don't forget, the site doesn't run on green clovers and Care Bears. More traffic means more cost. Might be a small factor, but one nonetheless. I think Scoober sums it up best.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Cost really isn't much of an issue at this stage, the current server setup is more than adequate to support this site. Now, 4 years ago when I was running on a shared server and database, and they asked me to move my site somewhere else because I was overwhelming their server... lol...

Well, if bobbyrock, Stearman4, Skeet and OH-58Driver are interested in moderating a sub forum, I will create it. Successful subforums have been created, such as the private spouses corner, but on the effort of those interested in it. So, PM them and get their support if you are that interested.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea. Come on guys. Webboy is rollin in the dough now that he's back in the saddle and can collect per diem much more often.

Webboy ain't collecting much per diem where he is going, just a lot of sand in various hard to reach places.......;)

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Webboy ain't collecting much per diem where he is going, just a lot of sand in various hard to reach places.......;)
Don't let him fool you. That's his standard line so most people will sorry for him.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't let him fool you. That's his standard line so most people will sorry for him.
As usual, the winged aviator is correct and on target, and the former SWO is struggling to keep up! :)

Sigh, wish I had some good per diem...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The othersites just fail to give me the same community this does......I understand your resistance, but with the great moderation, i think you could start attracting a wider audience. ...
That's why Naval Aviation is different, and in my opinion .... better .... than the Army or Air Force flying communities.

I don't have a dog in this hunt .... but for illustration, USAA, once bullet-proof, started down the toilet -- when they went after a "wider audience" .... :)

Just my $20 worth.