• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Average Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
All over the place, you have "old" farts like me coming through, and the ppl coming straight out of college. So you basically have the two ranges, bottom end around 22 and the high end around 30 (but rare), I would have to say an average is around 26 or so. Matt, others... agree?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey,

I'll be 31 when I start OCS as an SNA. I must be really old then huh?

Dave

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Oh and lets not leave out that I'm also a "rare" "old fart". Thanks John, you are just boosting my self esteem.:D

Dave

Mcaf

Is the age limit 31 for priors? I'll be commisioned by the earlier cutoff date of 27, but I'm curious. I had a conversation with my NROTC XO where I blurted out that I believed the cutoff to be 31. She said there was no way it is or ever was and I was confusing it with the mando grad date for ROTC. I would like to know because I tend to be the guy people come to for info and I want it to be correct. Of course, i usually just refer people here for the answers. Thanks in advance.

Steven Ruiz

Is the age limit 31 for priors?

Mcaf,

The latest that my recruiter told me was that you had to be commisioned by your 31 b-day for priors. Keep in mind that you still have to get waivers. Applicants that do not have prior service, they have to be commisioned by their 27th b-day. All this is for SNA. For SNFO, the age limit is 31 for everyone.

I have pretty sure these are the age limits at the moment. Do you agree guys, EODDave, John?

Steven

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
While there are certain exceptions to the over 31 age limit, ie LDO, I know of two friends of mine that HAD to be commissioned by 31 or they would not have been allowed to complete the ECP program. Granted, ECP no longer exists (now STA2001). For some reason I have 35 in my head, don't know why. The best source would be the MILPERSMAN and look up the requirements for OCS and other commissioning programs, in there it would list the required ages by commissioning.

Steven Ruiz

To be an Officer, the age is 35. You are correct John. But, that is only for a JAG or an engineer or even supply. But, for SNFO, you have to be commissioned by 31st b-day and SNA, 27th b-day unless you are prior, which you can get a month-by-month waiver.

Steven

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That sounds right, all the restricted line officer community members with an age limit of 35, makes sense....

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
hey guys,

The age for SNA's with prior time is commisioned before 31sr B-Day and for SNFO's commisioned before 33rd B-Day. Your ages for non proir service is correct. I got a waiver to the waiver and will be 31 when I get my commision and I am a SNA. (Realllllyy long story about that one)

Dave

Steven Ruiz

Wow. you got a waiver to a waiver? That shows you that you should never give up if you dont qualify for something, because there are always waivers.(most times)
About the age for SNFO, i believe you are correct...Hey if you think about it, it does not matter how old you are if you are going to be taken for a ride by a pilot.

Steven

Mcaf

Thanks for the info guys. I was talking to an OC in my ROTC unit who is 29 with 7 years of service who thought he was too old to fly(he really wants to be a pilot). He'll be 31 at commisioning so I guess this is good news for him. Its a great feeling to let someone know they still have a shot at their dream. And waivers are usually not a problem right? Its petty irritating that this info is not disseminated throughout NROTC because I'd say 20% are priors. It was by chance that I asked him what he was going to do in the Navy and he said he wanted to fly but they(staff) told him he was too old so he was going SWO. Anyways, Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.