• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aviation medical -> FAA

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Nope... As a side note, you also don't need an ATP. A commercial Multi would be fine but It would be damn near impossible, I imagine, to get an interview at a major without one. I bet most of those 400 hour wonders at the regionals have only a Comm and get their ATP after they upgrade to the left..

First bullet from FEDEX qualifications:

https://www.pilotcredentials.com/careers/index.php?a=qualifications

Not like we will hiring for a while but used it as an example.
400 hours isn't even close to making the minimum hour requirements for an ATP...

My buddies get their hours right seat and when they move to right seat and get the type they just add some stuff to the check and whammy, ATP with type rating.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I guess the 'after they upgrade to the left' must have confused you... They get hired in the right seat w/ 300-400 hrs and a Comm ticket.. Build time in the right seat and when they check out as a Captain get their ATP checkride during their FAA Checkride... Unconfused now???:icon_wink