• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

B1 Gear up

STLEngineer

pilot
True, it does look like it's right under the nose, now that I look at it. The gear's a little further back.

Then why all the concrete dust when the doors are opened?

MasterBates

Fricton probably cause some stuf to char/burn. That, and after the nose wore thru, all the crap they ran over may have ended up in the wheel well.

thull

my analysis: gear up landing. notice the bottom of the nose cone in front of the gear doors has been worn through. also, the gear doors themselves have a burn pattern. the dust and crap falling out of the gear is just the pulverized sanded down nose (directly ahead of the gear) and perhaps ground runway dust that was pushed back to the gear area while it scraped along on the landing. then it sat there super hot and spalled the concrete, causing the divot.

Watson? any ideas?

thull

well sh!t, those top two weren't posted yet. hate it when that happens..

and the word "crap" was used also! in the same reference! note to self: reload page to check latest posts before posting. now you look like an as$hole..

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Isn't this the one that was posted a while back. As I recall, it was an intentional (I.E. they didn't just forget) gear up landing, but I can't remember the details.

Brett

Intentional :eek:??!! I didn't see anything about this, can you explain or post a link (I already searched but no luck).

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Intentional :eek:??!! I didn't see anything about this, can you explain or post a link (I already searched but no luck).

I could be wrong but I think Brett may be thinking of the F-111 post from the RAF a few weeks back.

As for the B-1, it is damn sexy. With 4 F-16 engines strapped to its belly its defintely produces quite a roar.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I could be wrong but I think Brett may be thinking of the F-111 post from the RAF a few weeks back.

As for the B-1, it is damn sexy. With 4 F-16 engines strapped to its belly its defintely produces quite a roar.

Nope, I'm not. Like I said, I don't remember the minutiae, but Schnugg seems to agree.

Brett

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
LOL....yeah....what the hell are those things???

So if the T-34 has three static air sources for one pitot....:eek:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

They could be other types of probe, possibly temperature or other air data sensor. The bottom two look like they're shaped differently.

Brett

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Off topic, but... The T-34 actually has ONE static source and that source has three holes on each port. For example, the -60 has two static sources which consist of two ports per pitot tube for a total of 4 ports. Like Brett said, then there's other things that stick out for the air data computer and such.

Just adding to the Pro Knowledge(s).

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
On the B-1 pics it looks like the slats and flaps are extended. Don't most fix-wing aircraft have some type of warning system when the airplane isn't properly configured for landing?