• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Beer Day Experiences

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pre-Tailhook '92 ???

Offically?? Nothing. UNOfficially??? Nothing.

We were "Officers & Gentlemen" ... remember??? Reference post #14 (above) ... and Tooter was a thirsty guy ... :)

Yeah, right. You got lucky - plain & simple. ;) Anyone else, pre or post '91 Tailhook, and you would have been standing tall.

Brett

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The XO was the guy who kept the booxe under his rack in a lock box...and heck he was just a JO a couple of tours ago...so good times could be had...

I had a bottle of Crown Royal in my underwear drawer behind my Glock 19. It was only broken out one time. After a near night time mid-air 7 miles behind the boat when the other a/c's IFF showed him 3 miles closer than he was and our two jets ran up over each other. His anti-smash lights lit my cockpit. Other pilot said he looked up and saw a wheel go over his head...:eek:

At least we were both on centerline. :eek:

After that I intermittently used my radar at night and IMC behind the boat to check my intervals. We had been told to turn them off as they interfere with the CATCC needles radars. Didn't do that again.:icon_rage

So after trying to kill the crew in CATCC and being physically restrained by my Pilot Woody (6' 5" linebacker), we debriefed rather quickly and went straight for the bottle in the underwear drawer. Ahhhh...I needed that drink that night. And I don't think anyone would have faulted me. :icon_tong

That was as close to becoming a never solved mystery as to why two jets went in behind the boat as I'll ever care to venture.

R/
CIMG0193-1.jpg