• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Blue Angels = HUGE EGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLAM97to99

JetJunkie said:
Well, next time you meet an F-14 pilot, ask him if he's seen TOPGUN. And when he answers in the affirmative, ask him, "Does the spin recovery procedure of an F-14 consist of grabbing the control column and doing this." And start demonstrating moving the stick around in circles while yelling out "I can't control it!" See what his reaction is.

That's the funniest thing I have seen some one write on this site in a while!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
zuggerat said:
to answer Thisguys statement about the S-3 pilots, yeah you could be right about hearing the same bull sh!t over and over again and yeah S-3 pilots arent everyones dream so they would probably be more tolerant of redundant questions. but you have to look at it this way, the blue angels are selected because the navy believes that these guys are great pilots as well as responsible and conscientious PR people. now i only talked to two of the hornet pilots so i dont know the other guys, but the two i talked to let me down. the fat albert pilot Maj. Ken Asbridge was extremely nice and very patient in answering all my questions so im not saying they're all like that, overall they're a nice bunch of guys. i just got a much better initial impression from the fat albert pilots and the S-3 crews.

zuggerat, my point was, to the S-3 guys, those questions probably aren't redundant, because less people talk to them because the Blue Angels are the main attraction. As for the two blue angel guys being crappy guys, well, there are a couple of crappy guys in my S-3 squadron. Basically, that's true for everything, a few bad apples can ruin it for everyone else.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
JetJunkie said:
The "Official" reason or the "Real" reason?

The "Official" reason is: the inflating and deflating of the g-suit (aka "Anti-G Garment"... makes it sound like Lingere or something) interferes with precise stick movement since the F/A-18 is center stick as opposed to the Thunderbrid F-16 side stick.

The supposed "real" reason is: because G-suits don't look good.

Thanks for helping to prove my point. You learned that while you were a Blue right?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The Blue Angels' job is PR--if they're not friendly they aren't doing their jobs.

CLAM97to99

You would think that if it were just because the G-Suit didn't look good they could come up with one that went with or under the outfit.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
let's face it those tight blue flight suits look pretty gay. I was at the miramar airshow at the club after the show and someone made a ripping sounds as one of the blue walked up the stairs it was hilarius.

VAmookie

become one?

how does one get to be a blue angel. Is that something you do on your shore tour, or do you have to do extra deployments to earn points... or do you just have to kiss a lot of ass

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
With regard to Otto, I've found him to be very approachable and helpful at times even. Isn't he the narrator though (and not the #7)? He has introduced me to other Blues as well as given me some advice on career decisions. Are you sure it was Otter?

zuggerat

when i was talking about the height i wasnt talking about Cdr. Bartlett specifically i was just talking in general they're pretty damn tall, for instance, Lt. Otto is taller than me and im 6'2". Kmac, Otto is the narrator but he's the number 7 pilot as well, because on the website it says he's the narrator, but on his flight suit he's got a 7 on the left breast above his name, so that indicates he's the #7 slot. As far as attitude maybe they were in a bad mood when i caught them cause u guys keep saying they're fairly friendly. I made sure it wasnt before or right after a flight because thats a strenous period, so i dunno what happened, ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zuggerat

Fat Albert the C-130 has got some serious thrust. At the airshow this thing was buzzing the beach at like around 150 feet, pulled almost vertical, and climbed out to approx 1200 feet in just a few seconds. It nearly did an immellmann on the following pass. I was amazed because theyre taking this big brutting cargo plane and flying like a fighter. It really was amazing.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Zuggerat- Yeah I forgot about the Narrator being the number 7. Maybe he's friendly to guys that he already knows??? Sorry he came off that way to you.

zuggerat

dont be sorry, i still have enormous respect for what they do, hell thats what i want to do for the rest of life. i was just disappointed with the initial impression they gave me, i dont like being talked to like im an SOP. maybe my original post was a bit harsh

zuggerat

they were doin all of this with out JATO cannisters, but if this thing didnt to an immelman it sure as hell came close, maybe more like a half immelman because it didnt go completely inverted, it kinda half heartedly rolled over the top, definitely wasnt a neg-g pushover. what ever the hell this thing did it was freakin awesome, if i had a Hi8 cam i would post it, but i dont, if anyone knows how to pull video off an SVHS cam to a computer as mpeg let me know. ill definitely post it.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie - Fullerton (Scummy Thrills high school).

Status
Not open for further replies.