• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BOOM!......maybe?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
AWWWW, little baby is

200px-Sabre-photo.jpg

rattle.jpg

How quaint and typical...

:sleep_125

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
yeah they must be tired of Iran getting all the nuke PR. On the off chance they are succesful big ramifications in Asia. Japan will probably go nuclear as a deterent (new, very nationalist PM) which will in turn justify China's continued build up which will force India to build up in kind.

Sot the long of the short is TVs, Ipods etc will be more expensive to fund all of this.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Japan will probably go nuclear as a deterent (new, very nationalist PM)
Japan go nuclear? Would they be willing? Even with the right-trending government, the gerneral populace remains fairly ambivalent. Of course, maybe this just gives the government more free reign?

All I can say for certain is, if the NK's ever do develop credible delivery capability, Japan will most likely remain the only country to ever be nuked in anger... :eek:

Stubby

Ask the Chief
There is an old saying that I heard somewhere... I can't quite place it now.... but the jist was that one's strength could be judged by the strength of one's enemies.....

Maybe this is why Iran, North Korea, and *chuckle* Venezuela are so quick to imagine U.S. commandos on the horizon......

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
yeah they must be tired of Iran getting all the nuke PR. On the off chance they are succesful big ramifications in Asia. Japan will probably go nuclear as a deterent (new, very nationalist PM) which will in turn justify China's continued build up which will force India to build up in kind.

Sot the long of the short is TVs, Ipods etc will be more expensive to fund all of this.

I very seriously doubt Japan goes nuclear. Abe might be a nationalist but he is also Japanese, and Japan is not too fond of nukes. As long as they are under our umbrella they will probably not develop them. If they doubt our resolve to help defend them though, all bets are off.....:(

Oh yeah, India will be able to develop a large number of nukes thanks to us, if our nuclear deal with them goes through. None of the normal safeguards that we usually put in place when we sell nuclear technology and power plants are in the Indian nuclear deal. It is estimated that with the plants and technology we would sell them under the deal, the Indians would be able to produce upwards of 50 plutonium based warheads a year.

"The Bush administration originally sought a plan that would have allowed India to continue producing material for six to 10 weapons each year, but the new plan would allow India enough fissile material for as many as 50 weapons a year. Experts said this would far exceed what is believed to be its current capacity."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/02/AR2006030200183.html

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Ah... so easily the lessons of history elude us. I guess everyone forgets what happened last time Japan went nuclear....

godzilla2.jpg