• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BOOM!......maybe?

jokerusn

Flying a desk...
pilot
RetreadRand said:
Did somebody say...Nukes? Sweet, TACAMO FINALLY gets to play!!!!

Rand,

TACAMO has started playing. They are over "there" now. So much for our safe and boring community...

gaetabob

pilot
I'm not as concerned about NK...China seems to have them in check. If you remember after there first test, the Chinese sent a group of diplomats to talk to Kim and a day later NK changed their tone (at least up until now). China is quickly becoming a superpower thanks to their economic boom, especially in SE Asia...they aren't going to let some soiled brat of a dictator f#$% that up for them, and if they have to, I think China would come down hard on NK, including replacing the current government with a Chinese puppet government that is better behaved. China's starting to get addicted to capitalism and the $$$$ it brings...especially from Europe, Japan and the US...especially the US. They're not going to jeopordize that. :sleep_125

My concern is Iran. Everyone with more than 3 brain cells knows what they're up to, and Iran is becoming more honest and blatent about their true intentions. Looking at their natural resources (ie natural gas) and the demands of their population, they have no need for nuclear power for the next 100 years or so. Unless if it's out of the kindness of their heart because they want to do their part to cut down on greenhouse gases. To make matters worse with Iran, versus NK, is that no one controls them, they are directly aligned with multiple terrorist organizations, they want to erase Israel, and wouldn't mind seeing the US go down in the process... :eek:

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rand,

TACAMO has started playing. They are over "there" now. So much for our safe and boring community...

And I am sure you have fun and exciting missions, like flying in circles, over the ocean, trailing a wire, hanging with the battle staff........yeah, sounds like a lot of fun.......;)

At least you are getting some nice flight time....:D

jokerusn

Flying a desk...
pilot
And I am sure you have fun and exciting missions, like flying in circles, over the ocean, trailing a wire, hanging with the battle staff........yeah, sounds like a lot of fun.......;)

At least you are getting some nice flight time....:D

I'm not over there at all and glad. I'm sitting behind a desk in Annapolis with my feet up.

Also, noone ever said it was exciting but let me know when you can get up from your seat and go to the bathroom... IN a bathroom. :p

thull

I'm not as concerned about NK...China seems to have them in check. If you remember after there first test, the Chinese sent a group of diplomats to talk to Kim and a day later NK changed their tone (at least up until now). China is quickly becoming a superpower thanks to their economic boom, especially in SE Asia...they aren't going to let some soiled brat of a dictator f#$% that up for them, and if they have to, I think China would come down hard on NK, including replacing the current government with a Chinese puppet government that is better behaved. China's starting to get addicted to capitalism and the $$$$ it brings...especially from Europe, Japan and the US...especially the US. They're not going to jeopordize that. :sleep_125

My concern is Iran. Everyone with more than 3 brain cells knows what they're up to, and Iran is becoming more honest and blatent about their true intentions. Looking at their natural resources (ie natural gas) and the demands of their population, they have no need for nuclear power for the next 100 years or so. Unless if it's out of the kindness of their heart because they want to do their part to cut down on greenhouse gases. To make matters worse with Iran, versus NK, is that no one controls them, they are directly aligned with multiple terrorist organizations, they want to erase Israel, and wouldn't mind seeing the US go down in the process... :eek:

Agree NK is probably 10X more scared of China than they are of the US. China's a big fvckin sleeping dog, and right next to NK, and they may not flex their muscle as much as the US does, but that just makes them all the more scary. China doesn't seem to play the "game", while NK provokes the US, and the US huffs and puffs, China sits there watching with a raised eyebrow. Once NK starts crossing China, they're done. And they know it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not over there at all and glad. I'm sitting behind a desk in Annapolis with my feet up.

Also, noone ever said it was exciting but let me know when you can get up from your seat and go to the bathroom... IN a bathroom. :p

Yeah, it is really tough holding it for two whole hours.....ohhhh, the agony.....;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, when you've gotta go, why wait? Plus, when you're on your 3rd cup of coffee, you need one close by.:D

Okay, now you are going to make me beat up on a helpless fat dude, better known as a the E-6 Mercury.

So, tell me how much you like flying with a general and his battle staff? Especially one that is not an aviator?

Do you get more excited when you trail the short or long wire? Does size really matter?

Do the pilots occasionally fly a 48 degree AOB turn instead of 45 AOB just because they are 'dangerous'?

How flat is Oklahoma?

Are tornadoes cool?

Do you paint the plane gray after Labor Day?

Yeah, you can have a flushable toilet with all the above, I will gladly take my piss tube over that any day! :D

jokerusn

Flying a desk...
pilot
Okay, now you are going to make me beat up on a helpless fat dude, better known as a the E-6 Mercury.

So, tell me how much you like flying with a general and his battle staff? Especially one that is not an aviator?

Do you get more excited when you trail the short or long wire? Does size really matter?

Do the pilots occasionally fly a 48 degree AOB turn instead of 45 AOB just because they are 'dangerous'?

How flat is Oklahoma?

Are tornadoes cool?

Do you paint the plane gray after Labor Day?

Yeah, you can have a flushable toilet with all the above, I will gladly take my piss tube over that any day! :D

The flying is anything but exciting. In fact, it's damn boring. Flying for 10 hours REALLY SLOWLY in the middle of the night doing nothing except sitting in the seat. The most fun we get is A/R and not having to refuel or land on a boat to get over the ocean.

And, since you asked...

Flying with the general isn't so bad. He keeps the other battlestaff out of our hair. It's flying with the other BS alone that sucks.

Size does matter, don't let her fool you. And we always trail both wires.

I really wouldn't know about the 45 or 48 degree bank thing. I haven't taken the E-6 over 40 except in a FCF. Wouldn't want anyone to spill their lasagne.

Oklahoma is flat.

Tornados are not cool (and neither is Oklahoma :thumbdn_1:thumbdn_1.)

The plane turns gray by itself if you don't wash it. The white is there for a reason.

AND, I've spent a total of 11 days underway on a ship, I've never been shot at, and I have ~1000 hours of heavy jet time. ;)