• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Breitling custom watches

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does ANY squadron in the U.S. Navy have 25 officers that are not too "thrifty" to pony up big bucks for ANYTHING ... ??? :eek: Even a beer ??? :eek:

I think not ... :)

Ain't that the truth - I hate those types. Reminds me of one guy in my last command who would whine and quibble about splitting up the check IAW WESTPAC rules.

Brett

MasterBates

Even though I have been required to be cheap by circumstance at times, there is a point where you have to suck it up and pony up.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Is this squadron meal gonna be separate checks or altogether???''

"Altogether...great...I'll have the Steak and Lobster."

Had that guy in my squadron...YGTBSM.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Those are the guys that deserve to have to pony up more if for no other reason than principle. You're either "going out to dinner with us" or not. Otherwise, park it at the card/kid's table.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Cheap is cheap ... and "cheap" is always with us .... and it's not just the military ... it's the same in the airlines and in civie street.

I observed one thing in the airlines ... you know; one of those "general rules". Maybe even a constant.

" ... The bigger the guy's paycheck ... the shinier the seat of his pants ...."

Get it ??? :)

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Mefesto said:
Sorry... but if you're playing by det rules, and you're the guy that gets water and a salad... you're a dumbass.

Please expound on the det rules for those of us unwashed.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Does ANY squadron in the U.S. Navy have 25 officers that are not too "thrifty" to pony up big bucks for ANYTHING ... ??? :eek: Even a beer ??? :eek:

I think not ... :)

I'm all ready to pony up to the wardroom; I was the treasurer for a while (a truly thankless job!). I always go nuts on det and get the biggest steak I can get, regardless of how we're splitting the check or not splitting. I like to eat well. I do draw the line at buying a fancy $800 watch or $200 personalized survival knife. I just don't see the need for that stuff. I'd rather spend that kind of money on something i'll truly enjoy - you know, hookers and blow.

FMRAM

Mefesto said:
The bill gets split evenly... regardless of what you ordered.

Ahhhhh. I remember hearing about "wardroom roulette" while I was in Whidbey, is that pretty common?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ahhhhh. I remember hearing about "wardroom roulette" while I was in Whidbey, is that pretty common?

Credit card roulette, and it is relatively common. I lost in Guam.....at the Outback.....out of 15 O's.....the damage was about $450 dollars :eek: (I just glanced, I was afraid to look)......at least I got to drink for free the rest of the night.........

You could opt out and a few guys did but most were good sports, it was all in good fun.....and I could afford it. While I felt a little down about seeing that much money just vanish, a trip to the Viking quickly cured me of my sorrow.........:D

FMRAM

While I felt a little down about seeing that much money just vanish, a trip to the Viking quickly cured me of my sorrow.........:D

I think I remember seeing you there...may have been the same night. :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You two do a little "experimentation?" :D

Brett

If you mean visiting many of the 'finer' establishments on the beautiful island of Guam, why yes.......:D

Or are you speaking from experience in your own squadron? You did have a few.....healthy looking women there.......;)