• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Britain Bans Private Ownership of Swords...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
So once again, in line with British social thinking that "the Government exists to protect society from themselves", the BBC reports of an impending ban on Samurai swords. Apparently the use of Samurai swords were an issue in a half dozen high profile murders over the last few years. and you thought Hillary was bad.,,,

These people never cease to amaze me. God help us if our own government should ever start to mimic UK social policy.

The actual ban only affects "imitation" swords - those designed for true weapon use and affordable to the average person. The expensive collector grade swords collected by the elite are still ok.

Crazy.

Link here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7139724.stm

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Of all places to ban swords. But I cant say that I am horribly surprised. You know I would like to see a social experiment in which they allowed one area of Brittain with a high crime rate to own guns again... just to see what would happen. I have a hypothesis already formulated.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Well, the reason I keep my trusty 1911 under my bed at night is to prevent Samurai attacks. If they didn't have their swords, I would sleep much better. We should look into this...

'tards...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I love the UK. So basically all the good guys who obey the laws won't have weapons to protect themselves and others, but the guys who perpetrate crimes who couldn't give a shit about laws will still have plenty of weapons to keep on perpetrating crimes with....makes a WHOLE LOT of sense. It's not like laws are going to prevent criminals from getting weapons.

These laws aren't stopping criminals, they are just disarming potential good Samaritans and protectors. Way to go....:rolleyes:

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was speaking more toward the gun laws. Either way, I see this as an extension of the same BS.

If there are "gruesome murders" being committed with samurai swords, I STILL think that these criminals can get their hands on a sword if this law is passed while innocent citizens who collect them or have them for martial arts practice can't now (The non-collector ones).

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I can think of many common household items that can be used for a "gruesome murder". This is the same insanity that the gun control folks are using worldwide.

Where does it stop? When does common sense step in and people start to realize that Big Brother is not going to protect you from everything (or anything?), no matter what their campaign platform states?

It's not warm-n-fuzzy words and laws that are going to protect you when the shit hits the fan ... it comes back to personal responsibility (hmm, just like so many things in life).

Tactical387

I was speaking more toward the gun laws. Either way, I see this as an extension of the same BS.

If there are "gruesome murders" being committed with samurai swords, I STILL think that these criminals can get their hands on a sword if this law is passed while innocent citizens who collect them or have them for martial arts practice can't now (The non-collector ones).

yeah I agree I just thought it was funny in that context. I agree though that if guns are gonna be out there, everyone should have access to them. We can see how effective outlawing certain undersirable items is when we look at illegal drug use in the US.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I believe that this is a 'Gunsu'
Gun-knife.jpg