• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Britain Bans Private Ownership of Swords...

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
You really think that? :confused:

Well, since the sun actually does set on the British Empire these days, I don't see how it's not possible to agree with that.

Living here, it's obvious that the UK struggles with the fact that they used to be the world power, and are now simply an equal with other European nations. That's partly the source of their disdain of the US...that the "little brother" of England now wields the power they once had.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh but we did, Vulcan bombers were refueled enroute by KC 135's. Unless memory is failing, could have sworn Koppel did a bit on it on Nightline.

You missed my sarcasm... the USA has enlisted the help of other nations countless times in our wars... in fact... probably in every war we've fought...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh but we did, Vulcan bombers were refueled enroute by KC 135's. Unless memory is failing, could have sworn Koppel did a bit on it on Nightline.

Actually, Handley Page Victor's did the refuelling:

handleypagevictor.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, since the sun actually does set on the British Empire these days, I don't see how it's not possible to agree with that.

Living here, it's obvious that the UK struggles with the fact that they used to be the world power, and are now simply an equal with other European nations. That's partly the source of their disdain of the US...that the "little brother" of England now wields the power they once had.

Yes, the Empire is gone (though it still technically doesn't set on what is left, look it up......;)), but to say that the country is a pathetic shell of what it once was is a bit much. They are the only other country in the world that can deploy its military forces worldwide in a meaningful way and actually accomplish their mission. And they are the best of partners in war and peace, I work with several of them now.

To say that they are a shadow of their former selves, yes.....but pathetic, gimme a break.

Actually, Handley Page Victor's did the refuelling:

handleypagevictor.jpg

And they may have but some things I remember of that "conflict". Royal inbred flying helo's which I give him credit and the Brit's getting corned beef cans Product of Argentina. Again, I'm pretty sure we assisted with the refuel or even perhaps E2 services.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And they may have but some things I remember of that "conflict". Royal inbred flying helo's which I give him credit and the Brit's getting corned beef cans Product of Argentina. Again, I'm pretty sure we assisted with the refuel or even perhaps E2 services.

Does it matter? I mean, does it really matter? We've been doing this for a long time, so has everyone else with military power.

You missed my sarcasm... the USA has enlisted the help of other nations countless times in our wars... in fact... probably in every war we've fought...

OK you got me, swoosh! Yes, we even got assistance from them logistically, we refueled from a Brit ship named "RFA Tidepool" just before rounding Africa. Took forever, sucked them dry, they xfered from an oiler and we sucked em dry again.

Does it matter? I mean, does it really matter? We've been doing this for a long time, so has everyone else with military power.

Not really I guess, the original point was "are the Brits a shell of their former self". Id say that's pretty obvious, from a power to in house problems. Press 1 for Urdu, 2 for Arabic, 3 for Pakistani and 4 for English. ;)